Verbatim introduces the MediaShare Home Network Server, a new network storage solution designed to efficiently help consumers to organise and access all their content on one dependable, high-performance device from wherever they are. Users can easily share, store and stream photos, videos and other files saved on the MediaShare Server. The MediaShare offers up to 2TB of storage capacity and comes in a sleek and sturdy aluminium enclosure. Verbatim MediaShare is now available in stores.
• Sharing, storing and streaming of photos, videos and other files;
• Up to 2TB of storage capacity;
• Creating photo albums and sharing them with family and friends with an ease;
• Easy Transfer Button for transferring files from a USB drive or memory card directly onto the MediaShare;
• Remote access by simply connecting to myverbatim.com from any internet connection;
• Sleek and sturdy aluminium enclosure;
• Printing by attaching a USB printer to the MediaShare;
• Multiple user accounts are available;
• Works with Microsoft® 7, Vista, XP Home or Pro, 2000, Macintosh® OS X;
• Comes with Power Adapter, Network Cable.
Sharing, storing, streaming: anywhere, anytime
Many homes today have more than one computer, creating the need for consumers to share or access their digital content from either the comfort of a living room or sitting in a café or classroom. Verbatim provides for all those users now a consumer friendly device that stands apart from other consumer network storage products with both hardware and software features in several key areas. Above all, its design in a sleek and sturdy aluminium enclosure makes it a stylish accessory for consumers’ homes.
Viewing photos, playing music, downloading or uploading files from any internet-connected computer by remote access is very easy with the MediaShare. The myverbatim.com portal allows users to seamlessly upload and share photo albums directly to social networking sites such as Facebook and Flickr*. Moreover, users can create albums and automatically email links to family and friends who can view or download photos directly over any internet enabled computer. Music can be streamed easily to iTunes® users on any computer, Mac® or Windows connected to the home network, further enhancing home entertainment equipment. The MediaShare can also be used to display photos or play music on a flat screen TV through DLNA-enabled devices such as Digital Media Players Playstation® 3 or XBox360™.
Easy-to-use interface and multiple connectivity
Verbatim MediaShare comes with a simple user-friendly interface to retrieve, store and share files. Using the unique Easy Transfer button, consumers can upload content directly to the server from any portable hard drive, flash drive or single slot card reader connected to the front USB port. MediaShare also supports Apple Time Machine® for Mac® users or Windows Backup allowing users to backup content located on a networked computer. It even supports multi-tasking: for example, consumers can listen to their favourite songs and view pictures at the same time in the living room while simultaneously someone else listens to different music stored on the MediaShare on a laptop in the kitchen.
“With the MediaShare we developed a centralised home network storage that enables users to enjoy all their multimedia files in a user-friendly device from wherever they are. It fulfils all requirements of a modern and connected lifestyle,” says Kai Miroschnik Business Development Manager HDD at Verbatim EUMEA.
* Subscription required for annual premium package: Consumers can access additional device support and direct sharing capabilities such as mobile phone use, an iPhone app, RSS feeds, Cooliris for 3D wall photo views and direct upload of photos to Flickr®. The purchase of a MediaShare Server includes a free 30-day trial of the premium package subscription. The annual premium package costs 19,99 US-Dollar.
Since 1969, Verbatim (verbatim-europe.com) has been shaping the development of data storage technology – from Floppy Disks and Magneto-Optical storage media, CD and DVD formats to the latest High Definition media Blu-ray. Moreover, Verbatim offers high quality products in the field of Portable USB Drives, Flash Memory Cards, SSD and External Hard Drives in 4,57cm (1,8“) Pocket, 6,35cm (2,5“) Portable and 8,89cm (3,5“) Desktop-Format as well as a broad variety of computer Accessories. Verbatim is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Group and benefits from the outstanding research and development department. With these innovations Verbatim has played a key role in shaping the storage media market. Ultra-strict quality controls during the manufacturing process ensure the high quality of Verbatim’s products, which have been the winners of numerous international comparative tests. The company is the worldwide market leader for Optical Media.