PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Kanata, Ontario, Canada, 2010/07/13 - PIKA Technologies, Inc. announced that Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) has named the WARP appliance for Asterisk with GSM connectivity as a 2010 TMC Labs Innovation Award winner presented by its publication, INTERNET TELEPHONY.
WARP Appliance for Asterisk with GSM Honored for Exceptional Innovation
PIKA Technologies Inc., a leading developer of media-processing hardware and software, announced that Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) has named the WARP appliance for Asterisk with GSM connectivity as a 2010 TMC Labs Innovation Award winner presented by its publication, INTERNET TELEPHONY.
“Adding a GSM Module to the WARP Appliance significantly increases our addressable market,” said Terry Atwood, PIKA’s vice president of sales, marketing and customer care. “GSM dominates the worldwide market as the prevailing wireless standard. This new module allows VARS and system integrators to take advantage of GSM connectivity with features that can yield dramatic cost savings and productivity gains for wireless subscribers.”
The TMC Labs Innovation Award honors products that display innovation, unique features, and significant contributions toward improving communications technology. The TMC Labs Innovation Awards are granted to those companies demonstrating ground-breaking contributions to the industry.
Tom Keating, CTO and TMC Labs Editorial Director, stated, “PIKA Technologies has proven their commitment to quality and the further development of the IP communications industry through its continued enhancements to WARP appliance. The Innovation Award exemplifies the best and the most unique products and services that this industry has to offer.”
“PIKA Technologies has demonstrated to the staff of TMC Labs that the WARP appliance is truly innovative in the IP Communications industry. Now with the addition of the GSM module, the WARP appliance has made contributions which have resulted in significant advancement to the industry,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. “We’re proud to reward PIKA Technologies’ hard work with a TMC Labs Innovation Award this year.”
The 2010 TMC Labs Innovation Award highlights will be published in the July and August 2010 issues of INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine.
Applications & Benefits
The GSM module provides two GSM channels or radios per module and uses two externally accessible SIM cards. It can also work in combination with other WARP Appliance expansion modules, such as analog trunk (FXO), analog station (FXS) and BRI. In addition, it can be used to develop applications like:
• Least Cost Routing (LCR) - For calls between landline and GSM or between different GSM networks, which can be very expensive, the FreePBX dial plan can be configured with a prefix that, when dialed, will route calls placed from a SIP or analog telephone over a GSM trunk.
• Back-up - Should the landline network go down, GSM can be used as a cost-effective backup.
• Land Line Displacement - For wireless carriers looking to build incremental traffic on their networks by displacing traditional telephone company land lines, Warp with GSM trunk connectivity provides a unique small/medium business telephone system option.
• Remote and Temporary Installations – Warp with GSM is an excellent option for the installation of business telephone systems in remote areas where traditional, wired telephone lines may not be available, or may have extended installation intervals. It can also be a great option for temporary installations.
• SMS voicemail notification - No longer does a user need to continually check voicemail for that important message. Upon receipt of a voicemail, the owner of the mailbox can receive an SMS message that he or she has a new voicemail.
To learn more about the GSM Module for the WARP Appliance, please visit our website.
About PIKA Technologies
PIKA Technologies (pikatechnologies.com) for over two decades has been providing telephony developers with the tools they need to build advanced voice and fax applications like IP PBX, fax broadcast and self-service IVR. As the technology landscape has changed, so too has PIKA, building out its product offering so its customers can choose the right tool set for their applications. Whether building applications using board-based media processing or using host-based solutions, application developers of all kinds turn to PIKA for their development tools.
In addition to its traditional line of hardware and software solutions, PIKA now offers a family of appliances that provide top-quality performance out of the box. PIKA sells these products directly and also makes them available through its growing network of resellers and distributors. Known for its exceptional customer service, PIKA’s customers can expect the same high level of personalized, fast and free support that the company has always delivered. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, the company has ranked in The Branham 300, an authoritative ranking of successful Canadian high tech firms, for nine consecutive years. Visit the website or call +1-613-591-1555 for more information.
Asterisk is a registered trademark of Digium Inc.