PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Kanata, Ontario, Canada, 2010/07/05 - PIKA Technologies announced today that Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) has named the WARP appliance for Asterisk with GSM connectivity as a recipient of a 2009 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award.
WARP appliance for Asterisk with GSM module Recognized for Outstanding Innovation
PIKA Technologies announced today that Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) has named the WARP appliance for Asterisk with GSM connectivity as a recipient of a 2009 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award.
“The GSM module is the newest addition to the PIKA WARP appliance family” says Terry Atwood, vice president of sales, marketing and customer care at PIKA Technologies. “The WARP appliance now provides GSM connectivity out of the box, allowing resellers and service providers to build a telephony application (IP-PBX, Notification System etc.) with integrated GSM Gateway functionality. Adds Atwood “Wireless Service Providers and resellers have shown a lot of interest in the WARP appliance. It grows their business by offering a unique hardware option that complements their primary business objective of increasing their revenue “minutes” as well as their revenue-per-user (RPU).
PIKA Technologies has been recognized with a 2009 Product of the Year Award for their admirable efforts in the advancement of Voice communications,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. “The PIKA WARP appliance for Asterisk has shown benefits for its customers and provides ROI for the companies that use it. Congratulations to the entire team at PIKA Technologies. I look forward to more innovative solutions from them in the coming year.”
The Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award recognizes the vision, leadership, and thoroughness that are characteristics of the prestigious award. The most innovative products and services brought to the market from March 2008 through March 2009 were chosen as winners of the Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award.
The 2009 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award winners are published on the INTERNET TELEPHONY and Customer Interaction Solutions Website.
Applications & Benefits
The GSM module provides two GSM channels (or radios) per module and uses two externally accessible SIM cards. It can also work in combination with other WARP Appliance expansion modules, such as analog trunk (FXO), analog station (FXS) and BRI. In addition, it can be used to develop applications like:
• Cost savings with Least Cost Routing (LCR) - For calls between landline and GSM or between different GSM networks, which can be very expensive, the FreePBX dial plan can be configured with a prefix that, when dialed, will route calls placed from a SIP or analog telephone over a GSM trunk.
• Back-up - Should the landline network go down, GSM can be used as a cost-effective backup.
• Landline Displacement - For wireless carriers looking to build incremental traffic on their networks by displacing traditional telephone company landlines, WARP with GSM trunk connectivity provides a unique small/medium business telephone system option.
• Remote and Temporary Installations – WARP with GSM is an excellent option for the installation of business telephone systems in remote areas where traditional, wired telephone lines may not be available, or may have extended installation intervals. It can also be a great option for temporary installations.
• Increased productivity with SMS voicemail notification - No longer does a user need to continually check voicemail for that important message. Upon receipt of a voicemail, the owner of the mailbox can receive an SMS message that he or she has a new voicemail.
To learn more about the GSM Module for the WARP Appliance, download the datasheet at pikatech.com/GSM
About PIKA Technologies
PIKA Technologies (pikatech.com) for over two decades has been providing telephony developers with the tools they need to build advanced voice and fax applications like IP PBX, fax broadcast and self-service IVR. As the technology landscape has changed, so too has PIKA, building out its product offering so its customers can choose the right tool set for their applications. Whether building applications using board-based media processing or using host-based solutions, application developers of all kinds turn to PIKA for their development tools.
In addition to its traditional line of hardware and software solutions, PIKA now offers a family of appliances that provide top-quality performance out of the box. PIKA sells these products directly and also makes them available through its growing network of resellers and distributors. Known for its exceptional customer service, PIKA’s customers can expect the same high level of personalized, fast and free support that the company has always delivered. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, the company has ranked in The Branham 300, an authoritative ranking of successful Canadian high tech firms, for nine consecutive years. Visit our website or call +1-613-591-1555 for more information.
Asterisk is a registered trademark of Digium Inc.