• NAB and Infosys have won the 2010 Australasian Shared Services Excellence Award for Best New Services Delivery. The award recognises the ongoing collaboration between NAB’s People Services Group and Infosys, which delivers key HR and Payroll support services to 30,000 bank employees in Australia.
• A panel of independent industry experts, convened by the globally respected Shared Services Outsourcing Network, assessed the NAB-Infosys engagement on strategy; people and culture management; innovation and automation; customer relationship management and service; quality and control; maturity and future direction.
• NAB cites the Infosys partnership as key to major improvements in its quality, turnaround, cost savings and staff skills. NAB employees’ satisfaction with HR services improved by 98% within two years of the program launch.
• “Our people have a really positive feeling about the engagement with Infosys,” said Jim Young, Executive General Manager of People and Culture, Group Business Services, NAB, in his nomination comments. “Our internal people have been freed up so that they can concentrate on other, important strategic areas. Quality and turnaround times have significantly improved. And, not least, there has been a significant benefit to us in overall cost management. Infosys is a real collaborative, trusted business partner.”
• “This award recognises the transformational power of a new generation of business process outsourcing engagements,” said Asheesh Mehra, AVP Infosys BPO. “Working in a genuine partnership with NAB, Infosys was able to deliver major game-changing improvement to the bank’s internal customers, while still reducing costs.”
• Media Contact: Kevin Fitzsimons, +61 (0) 3 9510 3910, kevin[.]keepleftpr.com.au.
• Video of Jim Young’s nomination comments.
• Photograph of Andrew Ross (NAB Head of People Services), left, and Asheesh Mehra of Infosys accepting the award.
About Infosys BPO
Infosys BPO Ltd. (infosys.com/bpo), the Business Process Outsourcing subsidiary of Infosys Technologies, was set up in April 2002. Infosys BPO focuses on integrated end-to-end outsourcing and delivers transformational benefits to its clients through reduced costs, ongoing productivity improvements, and process reengineering. Infosys BPO operates in India, the Czech Republic, China, the Philippines, Poland, Thailand, Mexico, USA and Brazil and employs approximately18, 610 people as on March 31, 2010. It closed FY 2009-10 with revenues of $352.1 million.
About Infosys Australia & New Zealand
Infosys Technologies (Australia) Pty. Limited ("Infosys Australia & New Zealand") (infosys.com/anz), is the Australasian subsidiary of Infosys Technologies Limited (NASDAQ: INFY), a leading provider of business-driven technology solutions. Infosys Australia & New Zealand works with clients in the spirit of partnership to assist them in becoming globally competitive, delivering world-class solutions cost-effectively, predictably and in the shortest possible time, utilising outstanding local talent backed by vast global capability, in-depth industry knowledge and technical excellence. Headquartered in Melbourne, with offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Wellington, Infosys Australia & New Zealand is home to one of Infosys’ largest delivery centres outside India. With approximately 1,200 local employees and a strong local management team, the team collaborates with colleagues all over the world to help Australasia’s leading organisations win in a Flat World.
Infosys Safe Harbor
Statements in connection with this release may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the "safe harbor" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at sec.gov including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2010, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.