Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of advanced wireless technologies, products and services, today announced additional details of the upcoming Uplinq 2010 Conference (uplinq.com), scheduled to take place at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, June 30 – July 1, 2010.
Uplinq is this summer’s preeminent event for top developers, publishers, device makers and operators in the mobile space to plot the course for the future of mobile computing and communications. Qualcomm CEO Dr. Paul Jacobs is scheduled to deliver the opening Uplinq 2010 keynote address. David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets, and John Stratton, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Verizon Wireless, also will deliver general session keynotes at the conference.
“In our business, success is dependent on partners and a strong developer network,” said Bill Davidson, senior vice president of Global Marketing and Investor Relations for Qualcomm. “At Qualcomm, we continually strive to bring wireless innovators together for the good of our shared ecosystem – and Uplinq’s goal is to foster a healthy mobile developer ecosystem in a complex multi-OS world.”
Uplinq 2010 will feature seven ‘super sessions’ on focused topics, more than 45 track sessions on a wide variety of technical and business topics, and a series of sessions in which mobile operators meet with developers to share how best to get their applications into the mobile operators’ application download stores. In addition, the conference’s Mobile Innovation Showcase will feature exhibits from mobile operators, device makers, providers of enabling technologies and leading mobile developers.
• Brew MP Overview: The OS for Mass Market Smartphones – Day 1 super session that queues up the numerous Brew MP track sessions to follow.
• Is Anyone in This for the Money? – Day 1 panel discussion that takes on the challenges of application distribution in today’s environment of multiple application stores.
• Enhancing User Experience in Mobile – Day 2 super session dives deep into why chipsets matter in mobile as developers seek to create differentiated premium applications.
• Vision-based Augmented Reality – Day 2 super session will provide an unconventional take on how to create a new ‘user interface to the world’ for consumers.
• Where Will Mobile Apps & Devices Be Five Years from Now? – Day 2 panel of top publishers and device makers, moderated by GigaOm’s Stacey Higginbotham, takes a look into the second half of the decade.
• Everything Connected and the Value of 4G – Day 2 super session covers how the new breed of digital consumers is driving the need for 4G.
• WIPJam Unpanel – Day 2 special event with no PowerPoints, no panels and no ties, just engagement in a fun environment to increase innovation in the mobile ecosystem.
Exhibitors in the Mobile Innovations Showcase include AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Telecom Italia Mobile, HTC, ZTE, UI Evolution, WeatherBug, Buongiorno, 4DK and many more.
To see a complete agenda for the Uplinq 2010 Conference, sponsors, hotel and flight information and to register, please visit uplinq.com/.
Qualcomm Incorporated (qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 100 Index, the S&P 500 Index and is a 2010 FORTUNE 500® company.
Qualcomm is a registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.