Jaspersoft, the world’s most widely used business intelligence software, has been recently recognized by several industry analysts for growth and leadership within the business intelligence industry. Today, Jaspersoft shared findings from Gartner Research and independent analysts that recognized the company for its excellence in reporting and analysis solutions. Overall findings positively position Jaspersoft’s growing BI offerings against megavendors SAP Business Objects, Microsoft, IBM Cognos and Oracle.
Research reports said:
• In Dresner Advisory Services’ April 2010 “Wisdom of Crowds Business Intelligence Market Study” report, Howard Dresner, president and founder, showed that customers scored Jaspersoft higher than the BI titans on key criteria such as value, technology and support. In Dresner’s report, Jaspersoft received a perfect 100 percent recommendation rating for its technology solution. Additionally, Jaspersoft had the most number of survey respondents, showing its breadth of influence in business intelligence.
• In Gartner’s April 2010 “Market Share: Business Intelligence, Analytics and Performance Management Software, Worldwide, 2009” report, led by senior analyst Dan Sommer, Gartner named Jaspersoft the highest growth business intelligence vendor of all companies in the worldwide BI market.
• In Gartner’s April 2010 “BI Platform Licensing Models and Negotiating Strategies” report, led by Rita Sallam, a Gartner Research Director, Gartner analyzed Jaspersoft among other business intelligence companies and concluded that open source BI remains a low cost disruptor to traditional business intelligence software offerings and can save customers up to 82% compared to mega-vendor BI providers such as SAP, IBM and Oracle. The report also showed that over three years, an open source license costs, on average, $91,500 while a mega-vendor license costs an average of $683,043.
• In Wise Analytics’ January 2010 (wiseanalytics.com) “Assessing Total Cost of Ownership for BI” report, Lyndsay Wise, president and founder, ranked Jaspersoft with the overall better total cost of ownership over QlikView, Microsoft and SAP Business Objects. The report cited Jaspersoft's subscription model and strong support offering as key reasons it provides a better value solution than aged, proprietary BI vendors.
“In the recent Wisdom of Crowds Business Intelligence Market Study, open source BI vendors were able to combine strong response scores from their users and customers in the areas of sales experience, value, technology, and support,” said Howard Dresner. “In most cases these scores were better than the BI titans and pure play vendors.”
Open source BI vendors such as Jaspersoft are able to solve several technical challenges such as integration and customization while providing a credible solution for their large and small customers.
The Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite offers out-of-the-box BI functionality that deploys on-premise, in a virtualized container, in a multi-tenant SaaS environment, or in the cloud. This provides unmatched business agility and demonstrates Jaspersoft’s commitment to innovation for its community users and commercial customers. Further, through a vast and growing list of partners and embedded (OEM) customers, Jaspersoft enables business intelligence solutions to address the needs of industries including financial services, government, health care, education, retail and distribution and many others.
Jaspersoft has recently surpassed several company and community milestones that places it among a rare few open source companies in any software category, including:
• Nearly 11 million core product downloads
• Nearly 140,000 registered community members
• More than 12,500 commercial customers
• Jaspersoft is the first business intelligence company to offer a true multi-tenant SaaS deployment capability (for both embeddable and stand-alone use).
• Jaspersoft is the first business intelligence company to offer a BI solution for the cloud, recently winning a SIIA CODiE award for Best Cloud Infrastructure Platform for Jaspersoft Cloud BI.
• Jaspersoft is the first and only open source business intelligence company to offer integrated, in-memory analysis, delivering it as a feature of its JasperServer product line.
• Today, nearly 6 product downloads occur every minute while a new Jaspersoft community member registers every 6 minutes.
Jaspersoft’s open source business intelligence is the world’s most widely used BI software, with nearly 11 million product downloads worldwide and more than 12,500 commercial customers in 100 countries. Jaspersoft provides a web-based, open and modular approach to the evolving business intelligence needs of the enterprise and is the only BI vendor enabling true multi-tenancy while providing a common platform for on-premise, virtualized, SaaS and cloud deployments. Jaspersoft’s products span the continuum of core BI requirements, including production reporting, operational & embedded reporting and analysis, interactive end-user query & reporting, dashboards and mash-ups, data analysis and data integration. Its BI software is updated constantly by a community of nearly 140,000 registered members working on more than 350 projects, which represents the world’s largest business intelligence community. More information is available at jaspersoft.com and jasperforge.org/.