Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced record international turnout at the Aras Community Event 2010 (ACE 2010). The success of the international Aras Community Event, which was expanded in 2010, demonstrates the rapidly growing global interest and adoption of enterprise open source PLM in the market.
Hosted by Motorola at the prestigious Motorola Innovation Center, ACE 2010 brought together Aras open users, customers and partners from 17 countries around the world to share ideas, best practices and successes using Aras Innovator, the most advanced enterprise PLM solution available today.
ACE 2010 speakers included:
• Carestream Health, who explained how and why they selected Aras for their enterprise-wide PLM backbone to replace a global deployment of a legacy PLM system that lacked the ability to keep pace with their evolving needs.
• Lear Corporation, who shared their success in replacing a major legacy PLM system with Aras Innovator to manage Product Development across 18 countries worldwide.
• Xerox, who described how Aras is unifying Product Information, Engineering Change and Environmental Compliance of RoHS & REACH to reduce costs and improve profitability.
• Basic Research, who provided insight on using Aras for Recipe Management, Product Development and Quality on cosmetics, skin care, and other consumer formulations.
• MiTek Corporation, who showed that a multi-site corporate-wide PLM solution can be implemented as an open user without any outside assistance or cost.
The ACE 2010 agenda also featured a series of technical sessions and workshops including Data Federation, Distributed & Replicated Architectures, SharePoint PLM and more.
“During this global recession companies everywhere are looking hard at how they operate and focusing on ways to improve their competitive position,” said Peter Schroer, president of Aras. “It’s great to see such a diverse group of international companies adopting Aras and the enterprise open source PLM model, and participating so actively in the Aras Community. Having businesses from around the world share best practices and business process innovations is very powerful, and we’re glad that Aras can make that possible.”
Aras (aras.com) is the leading provider of enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions. Freedom from licensing eliminates up-front expenses and per user costs while superior technology makes Aras the most advanced enterprise PLM solution suite available. Customers include Motorola, Rolls-Royce, Freudenberg, Lockheed Martin, Ingersoll Rand, Klockner Desma, Hi-P and ACCO Brands. Aras is privately held with global headquarters in Andover, Mass.
Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.