MasterControl, Inc., a leading global provider of business process management software solutions, today announced that the end-to-end MasterControl MD™ software solution and the new MasterControl Risk™ software solution will be showcased at the Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) East conference and exposition at booth 2004 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York, NY, June 7-10, 2010.
The MasterControl MD solution has been specifically designed to help medical device companies get their products to market faster while improving compliance. MasterControl MD allows cross-functional teams to efficiently collaborate on critical documents and processes, thereby accelerating the development cycle. The solution's comprehensive capabilities will be demonstrated throughout the duration of the MD&M East expo.
"MasterControl's MD offering is a utopian solution for medical device companies looking to get their products to market faster and improve regulatory compliance," said Matthew M. Lowe, MasterControl Vice President and Medical Device Expert. "MasterControl MD can help every team throughout the enterprise to streamline their processes, whether they are working in operations, product development, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, or regulatory departments."
Mr. Lowe is a mechanical engineer with nearly a decade of experience in the medical device industry. At Ortho Development Corp., he developed instruments and implants for total knee arthroplasty. Later, he served as the knee-product manager. Before joining MasterControl in 2006, he was a product manager at Bard Access Systems, where he was responsible for strategic marketing of enteral feeding products. He also served as an R&D engineer and developed subcutaneous infusion ports and related procedural components for Bard. Since 2000, Mr. Lowe has successfully launched more than a dozen medical devices. He has three patents issued and two others pending. His regulatory experience includes writing a 510(k) that was cleared by the FDA and managing a multi-site, multi-year post-market clinical study for orthopedic devices. He has a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Utah and an MBA from Indiana University. Mr. Lowe recently demonstrated the Project Management Challenges in Medical Device New Product Development webinar for MasterControl.
The MasterControl solutions included in MasterControl MD are:
• MasterControl Documents™
• MasterControl Process™
• MasterControl Training™
• MasterControl Supplier™
• MasterControl PDM Connectors™
• MasterControl Portal™
• MasterControl PDF Publishing™
• MasterControl Business Process Library™
• MasterControl Exams™
• MasterControl IQ/OQ™
• MasterControl TOQ™
• MasterControl DHF Jumpstart™
• MasterControl DHF Jumpstart PQ™
• MasterControl PQ for Business Process Library™
The MasterControl Risk™ is a "one-stop shop" that unifies all risk-related activities and documentation in a single, centralized repository. The MasterControl Risk solution provides a complete and accurate picture of the risk landscape across product lines, business processes, and business units, precluding reputation damage from recalls or regulatory action.
These and other MasterControl's medical device-related products and services will be showcased at the MasterControl booth (#2004) at MD&M East throughout the exposition. Demonstrations will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• MasterControl Supplier™features a user-friendly interface for accessing all documentation and records pertaining to suppliers and allows organizations to readily and efficiently maintain Approved Vendor Lists (AVLs) down to the individual goods and services that each vendor is approved to supply. Supplier quality and status can be effectively tracked and monitored with the Supplier solution. MasterControl Supplier stores all supplier-related information in a single, secure, easily accessible repository, helping companies maintain supplier compliance.
• MasterControl BOM™ (Bill of Materials) is a valuable tool for medical device developers and other manufacturing companies that need to integrate the BOM with the document management system, thereby allowing multiple revisions to be approved and used for reference while permitting all departments to have easy viewing of in-process changes. The flexible, easy-to-use BOM solution controls the multiple iterations of a BOM generated during the design process and enables users to exchange BOM data with suppliers, buyers, and planners. MasterControl BOM insures that all departments have an accurate, updated view of the revision levels of every component in their particular configurations.
• MasterControl PDM Connectors facilitate collaboration and redlining on PDF versions of drawings while insuring that the PDF copies in the MasterControl system stay in sync with native files in the PDM solution. MasterControl PDM Connectors link CAD systems with the highest level of document control to create an ideal master management system. The PDM connectors now available from MasterControl interface with the most popular PDM solutions in the industry, including Enterprise PDM® PDMWorks® from SolidWorks and PTC's Pro/IntraLink® and Windchill®.
• MasterControl Projects™ connects project plans to assigned tasks, providing automatic updates as soon as tasks are completed. The Projects solution manages document-oriented and process-based tasks, including tasks external to the MasterControl system. The solution includes automatic task assignment, routing, escalation, and tracking capabilities. Most importantly, it connects all the members of a project team, ensuring improved communication, better project control, and faster project completion.
For more information about how MasterControl solutions can help your company streamline processes and maintain compliance, contact us.
For more information about the 2010 MD&M East conference and exposition, visit the official MD&M website.
About MasterControl, Inc.
MasterControl Inc. MasterControl software solutions (mastercontrol.com) enable medical device manufacturers to increase compliance while reducing the time needed to get their products to market. Our software is designed for the medical device industry by industry professionals. MasterControl MDâ„¢, the premier software solution for the medical device manufacturer, includes rich functionality for document management and control, quality event management, training management, bills of materials, supplier quality management, design history file (DHF) management, project management, device history record automation, and much more. Our team of medical device professionals delivers a comprehensive array of products and services designed specifically to meet the unique requirements of the medical device industry. For more information about how MasterControl can help you make compliance and speed to market synonymous, call: 800-825-9117 (U.S.); +44 (0) 1256 325 949 (Europe); or 03-6801-6147 (Japan).