Stylus Studio, the industry-leading provider of XML tools and components for advanced data integration, today announced the immediate availability of Stylus Studio® 2006 Release 3 XML Enterprise Edition. The new release includes powerful new XML tools, enhancements to Stylus Studio XML Deployment Components, and support for many widely-used data processing components for working with XQuery, XSL:FO, EDI and XSLT technologies.
"XML tools cannot exist in a vacuum - they must provide scalable deployment options and seamless integration with the industry-leading XML processing components that developers use in real-world applications. Relying on XML tools based exclusively on home-grown, proprietary XML implementations may work in theory, but can result in serious scalability and standards compliance problems when it comes time to deploy your application. In Stylus Studio 2006 Release 3, we've updated our XML Deployment Components and our support for popular processing components including DataDirect XQuery™, RenderX XEP, Saxon, and others," said Robert Evelyn, VP and General Manager of DataDirect's XML Products Group. "The market's response to Stylus Studio 2006 has been tremendous, and we're confident that developers will be impressed with the new capabilities found in this latest release - it's a refreshing alternative to incomplete and over-priced XML tools."
New in Stylus Studio® 2006 Release 3
The following are just some of the highlights of the many new features and enhancements included in Stylus Studio 2006 Release 3 XML Enterprise Edition:
• Support for DataDirect XQuery 2.0, an implementation of XQuery that can query XML, relational data, SOAP messages, EDI, or a combination of data sources, creating XML as the result of queries
• Bundling of the RenderX Personal Edition XSL:FO processor for developing XML Publishing Applications including transforming XML to PDF.
• New XPath Query Editor, a new feature that provides multi-line editing; Sense:X auto-completion for syntax, functions, and axis; support for user-defined namespace prefixes; and more
• New Java™ APIs for the Stylus Studio XML Deployment Components that make programmatic access to EDI / X12 / EDIFACT and other legacy data formats faster and easier than before.
• Support for the Saxon 8.7.1 XSLT and XQuery Processor
Support for DataDirect Connect® for JDBC 3.6 for relational database access
Executing and debugging support for System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform on the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
• Support for Window Themes and Docking window auto-hide like Visual Studio 2005
• Enhanced relational database access in XQuery Editor and XQuery Mapper through seamless integration with DataDirect XQuery 2.0
• Web service tools now supports additional legacy SOAP encoding styles (RPC/Literal, RPC/Encoded) and the ability to introspect XML schema types either embedded in the WSDL or included/imported from external schemas.
General Availability and Pricing
Stylus Studio 2006 Release 3 XML Enterprise Edition is now available for free trial download, or for purchase at the Stylus Studio online shop. For a limited time, developers can realize additional savings on online purchases of Stylus Studio, with prices for Stylus Studio 2006 Release 3 XML Enterprise Edition starting at just $795 (USD) for a single-user license. Volume discounts are also available - visit the online shop for a complete price list. Stylus Studio XML Deployment Components are licensed on a per-CPU basis, with special introductory pricing available starting at $1000 per-CPU. For more information about enterprise licensing, or for any questions about purchasing Stylus Studio, call (781) 280-4832 or send an email.
About Stylus Studio®
Stylus Studio® (stylusstudio.com), a product from DataDirect Technologies, an operating company of Progress Software Corporation, is the industry's most innovative XML IDE, providing advanced support for XML and its related technologies: XSLT, XQuery, XML Schema, Web services, legacy data integration, XML mapping, EDI and more. Used by leading software developers world-wide, Stylus Studio simplifies XML programming and enhances developer productivity through innovation.