Optimizing the supply chain has become a competitive necessity in virtually every industry and this strategy is particularly crucial to cold storage and distribution suppliers, who face many unique challenges.
Food, flowers, pharmaceuticals, chemicals – perishables are high-profile, potentially high-profit products. But reaping their rewards requires special attention and if managed right, the “cold chain” can make a company’s fortune.
The China Supply Chain Council's inaugural Cold Chain China Summit took place on July 12 in Shanghai, China, and provided invaluable opportunities for delegates to discuss the challenges involved in the cold chain process and understand best practice for handling, transporting and storing temperature-sensitive products in China.
This conference featured keynote addresses by recognized logistics executives, case study presentations from major corporations and panel discussions led by top experts:
▪ Fanny Xu, Supply Chain Associate Director, Greater China, Johnson & Johnson Medical
▪ Guy Tran, Supply Chain Manager, Auchan Hypermarkets
▪ Bill Tang, Fresh Supply Project Manager, Hymall Tesco
▪ William O’Brien, President, Greater China, Havi Food
▪ Steven Wolfe, General Manager, AllFresh Technologies
▪ Mark Parlane, VP, Retail FMCG, Asia Pacific, Linfox
▪ Benoit Danse, Export Manager, Olivo SAS
▪ Theo W.M. van Sambeeck, Direcor of the European Division, World Food Logistics Organization
▪ Michael Higgins, Global Director of Strategic Marketing & Business Development, Ingersoll Rand’s Climate Control.
More than 90 logistics senior executives attended the event.
Full proceedings of the event including event program and CD-Rom containing the available presentations are available for paid distribution. A full recording of the event has also been produced and will be made available to only Council members soon.
About The Council
The China Supply Chain Council provides operational knowledge and contacts in the field of sourcing and procurement in China. The Council's membership, newsletters, benchmark surveys, research reports and educational events support Top 1000 manufacturers and retailers’ executives - and the solution providers and the consultants who serve them.