PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Huntington Beach, CA, United States, 2010/03/16 - Evosport rotors for Mercedes-Benz shave up to 40-lbs of weight - Evosport releases their performance lightweight 2-piece brake rotors for the most popular current AMG model vehicles - Evosport.com.
Designed as a direct replacement for the OE 1-piece or 2-piece AMG brake rotors, the Evosport brake rotors will easily bolt directly to the car and work with the factory brake calipers without any modifications. Not only will the upgraded multi-piece rotor design help mitigate brake fade, but they are lighter than stock and can reduce unsprung weight by up to 40-lbs. on all four corners. The weight saving equates to improved vehicle acceleration, braking and cornering. In addition, the customer is able to retain the factory Mercedes-Benz brake calipers without going to a more expensive solution that requires replacing them.
The Evosport rotors (evosport.com) are offered in a drilled/slotted design to match the factory rotor. In addition, a slotted only option is available for those who track their vehicles more frequently. The rotor assembly includes a lightweight hard anodized aluminum hat and a disc that, unlike the factory rotor, offers proper venting for left and right application. Compared to the more expensive factory 2-piece rotors which must be purchased in pairs, the Evosport option offers a much more attractive price point as well as the ability to replace just the worn disc without having to purchase the entire rotor.
Available in pairs or as a complete package, Evosport offers these rotors for the following Mercedes-Benz applications: C63 AMG, CLK63 AMG (including Black Series), SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, E55 AMG, E63 AMG (W211), CLS55 AMG and CLS63 AMG.
- Direct bolt-on design requires no modifications;
- Works with OE AMG calipers;
- Lightweight design (up to 40-lbs unsprung weight savings over stock; 26-lbs weight savings on vehicles equipped with 2-piece OE front rotors);
- Better value and cost of ownership over OE;
- Unique Left/Right application for proper venting/airflow, unlike OE;
- Replaceable discs and hardware;
- Better heat dissipation and less brake fade;
- Improved acceleration, braking and cornering.