PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Cleveland, OH, United States, 2010/02/09 - Improves the overview of your print environment while lowering print management - A new, modern user interface and innovative features simplify print infrastructure management - ThinPrint.com.
ThinPrint, the market leader in printing solutions for wide area networks for Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (Microsoft Terminal Services) or VMware View has released a new version of its core product, .print Engine Version 8.0. This updated print optimization solution allows companies a faster and better overview of their print infrastructure, along with a new user interface. Enhanced clarity in combination with various innovative features simplifies the system administration and reduces printing costs.
Administering multi-platform print environments with numerous printer drivers can be time consuming and increase print costs for many companies. The .print Engine allows for a better overview of the print infrastructure and simplifies management, therefore reducing printing costs. This market leading printing solution, used by more than 10,000 companies worldwide, enables even better printer administration with the newest version, ThinPrint .print 8.0. One of the main improvements is the reworked user interface allowing all IT administrators an overview of all status functions.
Additionally .print Engine 8.0 is now seamlessly integrated into the Microsoft Management Console while still offering an optimized, well-arranged management and monitoring functions relating to the entire print environment.
Additional updates and benefits:
• Easier installation via MSI reduces print management costs.
• Administration tools can be separately installed.
• Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core-Support is Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core-Support is less demanding on system resources.
• AutoConnect, automatically procuring the printer, has been improved and is able to be used as Group Policy (GPO) in the session.
• Easier use of printer templates and enables network access to the Dynamic Printer Matrix e.g. via Active Directory search.
• Session in Session Support with provision of the correct printer.
• Efficient and fast research within the provision of the Dynamic Printer Matrix and the Map Additional Printers screen, using the new Instant Search function. This helps not only in the configuration but also in support during debugging.
Regarding ease of use, the .print Engine 8.0 Turbo-Mapping feature offers locally connected printers. To include a broader range of users, print dialog is now available in 15 languages. Additionally, users can call up the properties of a local printer in order to configure further settings (such as hole punching or stapling).
"Our printing solutions are successful because they make printing not only efficient but also reduce administrator’s workload and therefore considerably reduce printing costs," Charlotte Künzell, Member of the Board of Directors at ThinPrint. "With the vastly increased clarity which version 8.0 allows, we can show that the rather unloved print management can now be fun."
Details of .print Engine 8.0 can be found at thinprint.com/8-0. Quickly determine your ROI when you install ThinPrint at thinprint.com/roi. The .print Engine 8.0 is available as .print Application Server Engine for application and terminal servers and as .print Server Engine for central print servers. Both printing solutions are available as free demos and can be downloaded online.