Leading Asia Pacific-based provider of network equipment and green power products Billion Electric Co., Ltd, will present its innovative range of network and green power products at the global technology fest, CeBIT, in Hannover, Germany next month. When the annual CeBIT trade show opens on March 2, 2010, Billion will demonstrate its industry-leading products and solutions including FTTx (Fiber to the Home, Building, Premises…etc.) solutions, Smart Grid, DS2 Powerline solutions, and multi-function 3.75G/HSPA wireless broadband solutions.
Already this year, Billion has achieved several innovative milestones including:
• Successfully completing interoperability tests of ONT (Optical Network Terminal) devices – which use GPON (Gigabit Passive Optical Network), one of Billion’s FTTx solutions – with several world-class OLT (Optical Line Terminal) equipment providers;
• A partnership with chipset pioneer DS2 on Powerline solutions for advanced interoperability with the coming G.hn standard for better in-home wired networking; and
• Unveiling a versatile 3.75G/HSPA wireless server router (BiPAC 6200NXL) to cater for the demand of the SOHO/Office markets.
Billion (billion.uk.com) has especially reinforced its sustained commitment to green power and energy management by unveiling a comprehensive series of innovative Smart Grid products and solutions.
Billion Chief Operating Officer Mr. Felix Cheng said these activities reflected Billion’s core technology capabilities and influences over the global markets. “Since renaming ‘Power and Energy Management Division’ last December to focus on green power products and solutions, we are on track to leverage our three decades of experience in networking communication and power supply technologies to exploit the opportunities of green business globally,” he said. “With its own laboratories, Billion is confident of its ability to develop FTTx-technology solutions that provide a great platform from which our telecom and ISP partners can deliver imminent applications of Cloud Computing that will revolutionise access to remote content. Billion is pursuing these areas to achieve significant growth from 2010 onwards.”
FTTx solutions optimize deployment for Cloud Computing
With the fast growth of Fiber Optical Network markets, Billion continues to roll out its new BroadLight-based FTTx/GPON solutions and the FTTx/VDSL2 line (BiPAC 8200 series) as last-mile applications:
• The BiPAC 9300VNX, the world’s first GPON ONT (Optical Network Terminal) device with mini IP-PBX function, is a next-generation GPON/3G/VoIP Wireless-N gateway integrating with a 4-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch and Wi-Fi 802.11n access point. This cutting-edge solution for point-to-multipoint, Fiber-to-the-Premises network architecture uses passive optical splitters to allow a single optical fiber to serve multiple premises. Uniquely, the gateway can be used as a mini IP-PBX by supporting as many as 20 user accounts for SIP extensions with two RJ-11 FXS ports for connecting to regular telephones, allowing users to make economical VoIP calls.
• The BiPAC 9800N is a point-to-point (P2P) Fiber Router featuring a 4-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch, Firewall and Wi-Fi 802.11n access point. For use in Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) applications, the device offers four different optical connectors of Fiber WAN interface as following. Available upon request, remote management features allow Telco/ISP partners to closely manage FTTH service delivery on end-user devices.
1. 100BASE-BX (single-mode single fiber transceiver);
2. 100BASE-LX (single-mode dual fiber);
3. 100BASE-FX (multi-mode dual fiber); and
4. Small Form Pluggable (SFP).
• VDSL2 is the latest standard of last-mile wired broadband technology for the Digital Home. The BiPAC 8200M (VDSL2 modem) and the BiPAC 8200N (Wireless-N VDSL2 router) support speeds as fast as 100Mbps/100Mbps in VDSL2 Profile (30a) with a 6-band solution. The BiPAC 8200M can be configured as either a central office (CO) or customer-premises equipment (CPE) mode to support for point-to-point applications. The BiPAC 8200N can offer optimal speeds and coverage over the integrated wireless 802.11n access point. With outstanding network throughput, both the BiPAC 8200M and the BiPAC 8200N can complement a fiber network to offer the best solution for delivering IPTV or home entertainment services.
Innovative Smart Grid solution for green planet
Conscious of the need to reduce carbon emissions for the planet, many governments have sought Smart Grid solutions. This deployment of digitalized and intelligent automation over existing power generation and grid infrastructure is able to deliver two-way messages between households/businesses and utility operators to adjust, measure and manage energy and power consumption more efficiently. As an environmentally responsible company dedicated to meeting this green power/energy management need, Billion has invested heavily in R&D since 2009 to develop and deliver Smart Grid solutions.
After successful interoperability tests in regions of North America and China, Billion will unveil at CeBIT its new Smart Grid solutions covering advanced technologies such as PLC (Power Line Communication), RF (wireless) technologies, and others:
• Home Area Network (HAN): PLC-based HAN devices, ZigBee gateways, ZigBee-based peripherals;
• Smart Metering: AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) PLC modules for embedding in any meter, middle-voltage and low-voltage concentrators, and Smart Meters;
• Management Center: Security gateways.
Mr. Felix Cheng said Billion was uniquely positioned in the Asia Pacific, with its manufacturing capability and its self-developed technology strength in networking communication and power supply, to deliver diverse kinds of Smart Grid products and solutions, from contract services and built-in modules to entire product units. “We are open to talk with any potential partner, including equipment providers, System Integrators, and utility operators, with a view to pursuing a mutually beneficial form of strategic business development,” he said.
DS2 Powerline solution, interoperability with new G.hn best-of-breed standard
Due to the pressure on home networking technologies to meet the increased need for multiple High Definition (HD) applications, Billion has partnered with chipset company DS2 to announce two DS2-based Powerline models at CeBIT Hannover 2010. These new products are the BiPAC 2093 R2 (Pocket-sized 200Mbps PLC Ethernet Wall Plug) and BiPAC 2094 R2 (200Mbps PLC Ethernet Wall Plug with Noise-filtering Power Outlet).
DS2 is a leading company in actively developing chipsets for the latest G.hn standard, a best-of-breed standard that provides compatibility with a specific installed base of UPA (Universal Powerline Association)-based Powerline technology. DS2 has demonstrated interoperability of its current UPA-based Powerline technology with its new G.hn prototypes, confirming that DS2’s G.hn chips will enable backwards interoperability with today’s installed base of UPA devices.
• New at CeBIT are Billion’s BiPAC 2093 R2 (Pocket-sized 200Mbps PLC Ethernet Wall Plug) and BiPAC 2094 R2 (200Mbps PLC Ethernet Wall Plug with Noise-filtering Power Outlet), which ensure interoperability with the advanced G.hn standard to deliver the benefits of reliability, security and low-power consumption. Both models are great networking units for the home by connecting different devices such as modems, routers, PCs, set-top-boxes, IP Cameras, and game consoles using existing power cables with data transfer rates as fast as 200Mbps. Their unique Smart Power Saving technology can actually save money on electricity bills, Smart Route finds the best transmission path and Smart Repeater extends connection coverage, making them superior Powerline products to others in the market.