PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Milton Keynes, London, United Kingdom, 2010/01/16 - GigaTux.com announces a radical overhaul of its Virtual Private Server (VPS) pricing model due to the efficiencies introduced in bringing commissioning its newest server.
GigaTux is proud to announce the immediate availability of accounts on its new server, named Legion. This replaces GigaTux's first server which was introduced as the company was formed back in February 2007. Almost three years on and this server was showing its age. It has been replaced with a new server with the following specifications:
- Intel Xeon E5520 (with spare socket for future expansion);
- 12GB EEC DDR3 RAM (upgradeable to 48GB);
- 4 x 1.5TB hot-swap hard drives.
The new server has undergone one month of intensive testing before being placed into production, and has successfully had many clients migrated over to it.
Because the new server is significantly more efficient, GigaTux has been able to drastically reduce prices on all of its VPS packages. Examples of currently available deals are:
• 128MB dedicated RAM, 5GB disk, 50GB bandwidth, Use of full 100Mbps connection, from £7.99 per month
• 256MB dedicated RAM, 15GB disk, 100GB bandwidth, Use of full 100Mbps connection, from £9.99 per month
• 512MB dedicated RAM, 30GB disk, 200GB bandwidth, Use of full 100Mbps connection, from £14.99 per month
Who are GigaTux?
GigaTux is a rapidly growing hosting company, launched in February 2007. GigaTux presently has high powered servers situated in a secure location around London. This location offers very impressive connectivity, with a very low latency, high bandwidth connection.
GigaTux (gigatux.com) believes in offering clients an honestly priced service, with no compromises on important aspects that matter - reliable storage, quality bandwidth and excellent customer service.