PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
New Delhi, Delhi, India, 2010/01/15 - Koenig is pleased to announce the achievement of ISO 14000 certification for Environmental Management System (EMS). ISO 14000 is a series of international standards on environmental management.
ISO 14000 is a series of international standards on environmental management. It provides a framework for the development of an environmental management system and the supporting audit programme.
An Environmental Management System (EMS):
• Serves as a tool to improve environmental performance;
• Provides a systematic way of managing an organization’s environmental affairs;
• Is the aspect of the organization’s overall management structure that addresses immediate and long-term impacts of its products, services and processes on the environment;
• Gives order and consistency for organizations to address environmental concerns through the allocation of resources, assignment of responsibility and ongoing evaluation of practices, procedures and processes;
• Focuses on continual improvement of the system.
The certificate could not come at a more appropriate time when there is an overwhelming need to work together to save the environment (as highlighted in the recently concluded Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen).
All Koenig-ites are committed to observing the following for saving the environment:
• Plug-in devices continue to drain energy even when the item being charged is no longer connected. Unplug seldom used appliances.
• Up to 30% of power used by TV's is used while they are turned off.
• Check and fix any water leaks.
• Avoid using plastic whenever you can. It is a poison of the earth. It never breaks down, and has led to the poisoning and death of numerous sea creatures.
• Recycle old plastic bags.
• Buy less stuff. Besides saving money and not cluttering up your house, not buying things in the first place means never using the resources (materials, energy, labor) necessary to create it.
•Plant a tree in your neighborhood or near your home; They suck up harmful CO2 gases. If you can't plant one, try potted plants.
•Avoid disposable products, such as plates, cups, napkins and cutlery. Use reusable towels and dishwashing clothes in place of paper towels and disposable dish sponges.
• Clean or replace air filters on your air conditioning unit at least once a month.
• Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120.
• Turn off unneeded lights even when leaving a room for a short time.
• When using an oven, minimize door opening while it is in use. It reduces oven temperature by 25 to 30 every time you open the door.
• Wash clothes with warm or cold water instead of hot.
• Use compact fluorescent light bulbs to save money and energy.
• Copy and print on both sides of paper.
• Reuse items like envelopes, folders and paper clips.
• Use e-mail instead of paper correspondence.
• Use discarded paper for scrap paper.
• Recycle printer cartridges.
• Wash and dry only full loads of laundry.
• Buy items in bulk from loose bins when possible to reduce the packaging wasted.
Koenig (koenig-solutions.com) is a reputed company based in India. Koenig is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions. We are also an Authorized testing Centre for Prometric, VUE, Novell and Microsoft Office Specialist Exams. Koenig is also an Oracle WDP Partner and Oracle Authorized Education Centre, a Red Hat Training Partner, a Novell Education Academic Partner, EC Council's Accredited Training Partner, a Linux Professional Institute, a CIW Authorised Training Partner and a corporate member in good standing of CompTIA Learning Alliance. Koenig is also Cisco Partner Learning Associate.
Koenig's innovations have been recognized by Microsoft. Koenig is the Winner of Microsoft Citizenship Partner of the Year award for 2009. Koenig was also Microsoft Learning Partner of the Year Finalist for 2008.