PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Cheltenham, Glos, United Kingdom, 2006/06/19 - Procurement professionals unite. GS Auctions Ltd are the contracted reverse auction provider to major organisations including the Ministry of Defence and have created savings as high as £10 million.
Intenda provides a Category Management solution which gives organisations the capability to reduce the cost of goods, services and capital assets by providing an automated strategic sourcing process with complete transparency of sourcing decisions. Our application ensures organisations source the right goods at the best market price in each delivery location.
We are happy for you to contact clients for references in the confidence they will confirm that the Intenda Category Management solution delivers cost savings of between 5 and 40%, whilst reducing the amount of effort in the sourcing and contract management process by up to 80%.
It’s getting harder to find new approaches to reduce the cost of bought goods and services although it is recognised that reducing the cost of goods and services is the most direct way to improve cost reduction and profitability. Intenda clients often find their current purchasing gains have reached a plateau as either their existing systems lack functionality or their people are only able to explore limited sourcing options.
Intenda’s Category Management solution has a proven capability to improve profitability and is unique in 3 areas:
• it automates the total process from strategic sourcing to decentralised operational buying;
• it provides transparency, compliance and governance;
• it retains and leverages the sourcing IP within the organisation;
Our value proposition is that it develops the optimum product/supplier portfolio to line level and allows increased contract frequency using market forces to achieve rapid savings, and guarantees delivery of significant benefits. It is the only application suite in the market today which provides an integrated end to end solution including sourcing, contract management and purchase to pay helping to drive and sustain efficiencies of up to 80%.
Intenda operate in markets as diverse as Retail Banking, Heavy Industry and Government. Clients include Billiton, Sasol and Anglo American and the company is currently undertaking pilots with the MoD. The solution is being used across all commodities including direct and indirect goods and services. Typically e-Sourcing achieves between 5% and 15% savings delivering a rapid return on investment, however, where we have been able to baseline accurately, clients achieve reductions between 5% and 40%.
Intenda clients tell us that they select the Intenda Solution Suite because;
• it is an integrated end-to-end solution, from Spend Analysis, Sourcing, Spend and Contract Management to purchase to pay.
• the application sits behind the client’s firewall, capturing the sourcing IP, building sustainability and eliminating the need for consultants and event management costs. In addition this also results in a streamlined process with real time integration to ERP/Financial systems. (NB it can also be used to create market sites or shared services)
• it is a true open tender system with no limitations on the supplier side - and no costs for suppliers either
• adjudication is undertaken at line item level, using advanced optimisation tools - typically delivering cost savings of between 5 and 40%
• the automated adjudication can handle “n” evaluation criteria and can evaluate 100,000’s of line items in seconds
• the Integrated Contract Management module automatically converts the tender to a contract and also updates the financial systems and any e-procurement applications with all contract details.
There are many specialist systems providers in each of the individual areas of Category Management (e.g. market information, supplier evaluation, e-sourcing, contract management, content management, catalogue management, e-tendering, e-auction, e-procurement and booking software services) but very limited examples of a single, integrated Category Management system.
The majority of firms providing software and services specialise in niche elements of Category Management and are often found to be ‘over marketing’ their functionality on web sites and in trade articles, constantly trying to manoeuvre and protect their interests. The investment that has been made in these applications is vast and companies continue to try and ‘force fit’ these solutions into industry because the alternative of starting from scratch would be financially ruinous.
GS (groupsupplies.com) believes that Intenda provides the best end-to-end integrated Category Management application, from strategic sourcing to P2P. The application automates and streamlines the complete Category Management process.