In January 2010, international automation expert COPA-DATA officially releases zenon® 6.50- the newest version of its HMI/SCADA software. zenon® 6.50 features many advancements including graphical enhancements, a customizable user interface, increased user-friendliness and sector-specific extras.
zenon® 6.50 gives completely new options for creating projects with bespoke design as a result of complete Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) integration, including user interface personalization using XAML files. Reinhard Mayr, zenon® Product Manager, commented, “For the first time, animated objects are available in zenon® and can be fully personalized. In addition to their attractive look and feel, these animated objects are beneficial for increased user-friendliness in zenon® Runtime.”
zenon® 6.50's enhanced project simulation and driver simulation allows projects to be simulated without needing the corresponding hardware or large testing laboratories. The simulation mode is also ideal for use in training and instruction, since processes can be demonstrated and tested.
zenon® 6.50 also enables users to integrate further functionalities through the use of an even broader selection of programming tools: .NET programming with C# or Visual Basic.NET based on Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications (VSTA). Thanks to the integration of these technologies, the developer has over 10,000 classes available, which can be used to develop entirely object-orientated software. As a result, zenon® 6.50 users benefit from freedom of scope when designing their applications.
Many new special features and sector-specific extras are available with zenon® 6.50. One feature is the newly integrated “S7 Graph” screen type for displaying sequences in automobile production and equipment modeling, based on ISA Standard S95, which can be used in the Process Industries to display complex equipment clearly and in a structured manner. zenon® 6.50 also offers a new range of options for the energy sector, including fault location, which makes it possible to localize and rectify short circuits or ground faults in a topologically calculated energy grid more quickly.
Thomas Punzenberger, CEO of COPA-DATA, stated, “It is important for us, particularly during these difficult economic conditions, to increase our investment in technology and development. With this new release, COPA-DATA has certainly raised the bar in SCADA technology. zenon® 6.50 demonstrates how the HMI/SCADA and MES worlds can be brought together in one product.”
zenon 6.50 – New Innovations At A Glance:
• Equipment modeling based on ISA S95;
• Project and driver simulation;
• .NET programming in C# and VB.NET with Microsoft VSTA integration;
• Several Usability improvements;
• Symbols in Symbols;
• Central unit switching;
• Extended Trend: Export of shown data, second cursor, Gantt Diagram, display of array variables, print diagram in a graphics file;
• Free designable filters in Alarm List (AML) and Chronological Event List (CEL);
• Direct Integration of Simatic S7-Graph;
• Substitution of interlockings;
• User groups, improved usage of Active Directory, ADAM integration;
• Enhancements in zenon Energy Edition;
• Several straton improvements;
• News drivers: OPC UA, Bacnet, Jetter, Modbus Energy, Festo, ODVA.
• Free template forms;
• Shadows for elements incl. transparency;
• Static rotation;
• Universal and asymmetric buttons;
• Central or global color palettes (Moods/Skins);
• Complete redesign of AML and CEL lists;
• Format painter: Transfers properties from one element to another;
• Display of XAML files (Extensible Application Markup Language) for WPF applications (Windows Presentation Foundation).
About COPA-DATA USA Corp.
Located in Princeton, New Jersey, COPA-DATA USA Corp. (copadata.us) is a subsidiary of COPA-DATA GmbH, a leading innovator for HMI/SCADA software based in Salzburg, Austria. COPA-DATA has been developing HMI/SCADA technologies since the mid 1980s and introduced zenon®, the first graphic visualization system to run on Microsoft Windows.
In addition to the United States, COPA-DATA has subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France and the Middle East with distribution and integrator partners throughout the world. The company currently employs more than 140 staff worldwide and has an impressive list of clients including such companies as Coca-Cola, BMW and DuPont.