PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Kiev, Kyivska, Ukraine, 2009/12/14 - On the 5th of December 2009, around 700 software developers attended Ciklum’s IT Jam 2009, the annual non-commercial Meet and Mix organized by the company for the Ukrainian IT Community.
• Last year’s pilot IT Jam 2008 received a welcoming feedback in the IT crowd resulting in Ciklum’s commitment to turn it into an annual event.
• This year, the IT Jam took a new format. While last year it had only a networking and social theme, this year Ciklum has added a full day of mini barcamps focused around five main topics ran in parallel:
1. Dynamic Programming Languages;
2. Mobile Development;
• Developers were also given a chance to question representatives from the leading IT companies in Ukraine. A two hour panel discussion “Software Development Ukraine 2012” was focused on the future of the Ukainian industry, including what the developers can do themselves for the community.
• IT Jam 2009 was organized under Ciklum’s determination to invest into development of professional expertise in hot technological areas in the country in order to maintain Ukraine’s image as a solid player on the World’s IT arena and an attractive outsourcing destination.
• Other leading IT companies that have joined the panel discussion saw great value in what Ciklum has initiated and some have already expressed willingness to become co-organizers of IT Jam 2010.
• “I see the future of Ukrainian software developers in improving business understanding of the industry they are in and the companies and/or projects they work for. This will ensure that they will win the competition over the cheaper Chinese and Indian developers,” says Torben Majgaard, the CEO of Ciklum.
• “We consider IT Jam 2009 a success for our industry though for the future we note that besides technical expertise people need to be educated in business matters. Next year we plan to involve our clients in Ciklum’s educational events so that developers can learn better how to walk in clients shoes,” says Alexandra Lipes, Ciklum's Head of Retention Department.
• “IT Jam as a conceptual event is unique in Ukrainian IT industry. We wanted to create an environment where software developers and managers of all levels, including the C-one would be able to meet, learn from each other and network. Given this we still believe in supporting other more typical events of various scales such as seminars, camps, conferences, etc. In 2010 we are going to continue supporting the development of our Ukrainian IT Community, which we believe will make Ukraine altogether stronger and more competitive,” says Marina Vyshegorodskikh, Ciklum's HR Director.
Ciklum (ciklum.net) is a Danish IT outsourcing company specializing in nearshore software development in Ukraine by establishing and servicing clients’ own development teams. The environment of services and knowledge sharing within the company helps clients to market quickly and with less risk and minimal investment. Established in 2002, Ciklum employs more than 800 specialists with more than 100 global client teams. Ciklum has six development offices in Ukraine and two in Pakistan, as well as representative offices in Denmark, Sweden, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands. Ciklum is a winner of the Red Herring 100 Europe 2009.