PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2009/11/17 - Ever wondered what it feels like to pimp your home out in design classics? You can find out today when mydeco.com, the UK’s leading home style and shopping website, opens a virtual store targeting the 7 million users in Sony’s PlayStation®Home.
Known for cutting edge innovation, mydeco has made a name for itself in the virtual furniture world with its 3D Complete Room Planner, a web-based application that lets members decorate 3D rooms from a database of 75,000 3D modelled pieces of furniture, all available to buy from high street stores and designers. The partnership with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will see the site selling an iconic collection of virtual furniture to design-hungry gamers wanting to show-off their design credentials in their PlayStation apartments.
PlayStation Home is a community-based social gaming network. It allows users to create avatars based on themselves and interact with others, as well as decorating their homes with items bought from virtual stores. The move comes as the value of the US virtual goods market hits $1 billion and analysts estimate a worldwide worth of up to $6 billion, with gaming micropayments accounting for about 75 per cent. Membership of virtual worlds is also reported to have grown by over a third (39%) in the last quarter.*
Annabel Kilner, mydeco Senior Business Development Manager said, “It’s an exciting move in a new and expanding market. We are the UK’s leading home style and shopping website and passionate about innovative technology that makes stylish decorating easier. Customers know that they can find stylish products for their real homes on mydeco. We’re extending this to all the homes being created in PlayStation Home to enhance the gaming experience in the same way.”
Daniel Hill, Home Business Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe said, “Home has been available to the public for almost a year and in that time; we have greatly increased the amount of content available to both purchase and for free. Introducing mydeco to Home will not only bring more options for users to personalise their experience, but is another great example of the cross over between the real world and the virtual world.”
The mydeco store will be found as a concession in Threads, Sony’s own store from today. Each model will cost 1.99 Euros but the infamous Marilyn Monroe inspired lips sofa will be free to all store visitors.
The mydeco PlayStation Home product range includes:
• Faux Zebra Ottoman: A statement item in any setting, to be used as a coffee table or seat.
• Iconic 60’s tongue and lip sofa: An iconic sofa with a mydeco design spin.
• Flamingo floor light: A unique floor lamp which will be the talking point of any dinner party.
• Bomb table lamp: Like original products then this stylish table lamp is definitely one to add to your living space.
• Painted coffee table: This oriental inspired coffee table in dove-tail grey adds substance and style to classic or contemporary interiors.
• Indoor plant: Handsome house plant that survives well in both sun and partial shade. Needs regular watering.
• Plasma TV: High definition plasma screen 100cm x 64cm.
• Sun lounger: The ultimate stylish sun lounger, adjustable, made from teak and aluminium, all weather resistant.
• Art deco dining table: Inspired by the art deco era this luxury dining table in marble is great for entertaining.
The mydeco PlayStation Home 3D furniture range
High resolution images available on request.
* Sources are: Inside Virtual Goods, By Justin Smith and Charles Hudson; Asia Market researcher Plus Eight Star; victorkeegan.com; The Times;
mydeco.com was founded by the management team behind lastminute.com, one of Europe’s most successful ever online businesses. mydeco brings together more than 5 million home ware products from over 2,000 retailers. From high-end to high street, mass market to niche, you will find what you are looking for on mydeco without trawling the high street.
Key website features include:
• Shopping: search the UK’s most comprehensive database of home products by price, style, discount, colour or dimensions.
• Design: build a virtual model of your home and decorate it from over 75,000 3D modelled pieces of furniture, furnishings and accessories all available to buy.
• Community: share creative ideas, tips and tricks with 80,000 members, ask questions, see other’s designs and show-off your designs.
• The blog: get the latest news from the interiors world; keep up-to-date on trends and industry developments.
• Buy the look: view hundreds of inspiring looks from well-known designers, celebrities and even famous hotels.
• Shop by style: from romantic to urban, find hundreds of stylish products in categorised by a range of styles.