PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Montréal, Québec, Canada, 2009/11/10 - Matrox M9188 supports up to eight DisplayPort or DVI Single-Link outputs and can be combined with a second M9188 to drive up to 16 displays, all from a single workstation.
Matrox Graphics, the leading manufacturer of specialized graphics solutions, today announced the launch of the Matrox M9188 PCIe x16 Octal graphics card, capable of supporting eight DisplayPort or DVI Single-Link outputs from a single workstation. The Matrox M9188 PCIe x16 offers 2GB of memory, resolutions up to 2560x1600 per output, and advanced desktop management features—such as independent or stretched desktop modes—to drive energy, transportation, process control, financial trading, and other mission-critical environments with exceptional performance.
"The M9188 is designed specifically for professional monitoring environments that require visualization of large amounts of data at once to enhance mission-critical decision making," says Ron Berty, Business Development Manager, Matrox Graphics. "The expansive multi-monitor configuration allows system operators to accurately manage energy grids or train dispatch applications, while ensuring maximum performance across all displays."
The Matrox M9188 offers robust support for Microsoft® Windows® XP, as well as for Linux, which is critical for energy and transportation applications that commonly use display configurations of more than eight monitors.
Matrox also announced a second addition to the M-Series product line with the Matrox M9128 LP PCIe x16, DualHead DisplayPort graphics card. This dual-monitor add-in board is the economical choice to drive business, industrial, and government applications across two displays at resolutions up to 2560x1600.
Matrox M9128 and M9188 Key Features:
• Native PCIe x16 performance;
• Single-slot graphics cards;
• 1 GB (M9128) and 2 GB (M9188) of memory;
• Drive two (M9128) or eight (M9188) DisplayPort monitors at 2560x1600 per display or DVI Single-Link monitors at 1920x1200 per display;
• Can be combined with other M-Series products (multi-card support)1;
• Support for stretched or independent desktop modes across all monitors2;
• Easy deployment and wide enterprise flexibility with unified driver package;
• Support for Windows 7 (32/64bit), Windows Vista® (32/64bit), Windows XP (32/64bit), Windows Server 2003/2008 (32/64 bit) and Linux.
Matrox M9128 and M9188 Availability and Pricing
The Matrox M9128 and M9188 graphics cards will be available in Q4/2009
• Matrox M9128 LP PCIe x 16 – Part number: M9128-E1024LAF – $259.00 USD
• Matrox M9188 PCIe x16 – Part number: M9188-E2048F – $1995.00 USD
For more information, visit Matrox M-Series graphics cards product pages or contact Matrox Graphics directly.
About Matrox Graphics Inc.
Matrox Graphics (matrox.com) is a leading manufacturer of graphics solutions for professional markets. In-house design expertise, top-to-bottom manufacturing, and dedicated customer support make our solutions the premier choice in industries that require stable, high-reliability products. Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
1 M9188 can only be combined with another M9188, M9140, or M9148 graphics card under Windows XP and Linux.
2 Under Windows 7, M9188 is currently only supported under independent desktop mode.