PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Eugene, OR, United States, 2009/10/14 - New in FabTrol MRP: One-click XML export of routing, nesting, and CNC data for a production batch.
FabTrol Systems’ Version 3.0 software release builds on FabTrol MRP’s existing integrated material and production management solution with a one-click XML export that contains all routing, CNC, and nesting data required to fabricate a production batch.
This one-click solution automatically:
• Includes routing of assemblies and related parts to the correct work area.
• Organizes the CNC data imported from the 3D model in DSTV format by production batch and CNC machine, putting the files in appropriate folders for the controller that drives each machine.
• Includes the matching cutting solution and pull lists for only the stock items required for the production batch.
• Includes parts for future production batches coming out of the pulled stock items, eliminating the need to pull the same stock item twice.
Whether the fabricator starts from the material management side (nesting) or the production planning side (batching), the same result is achieved. The single-source XML file automatically consolidates the cutting, routing, stock and CNC information for each batch. Further, FabTrol MRP’s solution works with any common brand of CNC controller that can import DSTV files, and FabTrol Systems is actively working with CNC equipment manufacturers to optimize this process for their specific machines and controller software.
Every fabricator spends considerable time:
• Producing a production plan to meet schedule commitments and customer needs.
• Batching work so that it will flow efficiently through the shop.
• Nesting material to match the production plans as closely as possible (rarely achieving a perfect match).
• Prioritizing the pulling and cutting of the right stock into parts that match the production plan.
• Managing stock remnants pulled from one production batch that will be used on a future batch.
• Coordinating delivery of CNC files to the right machine operator at the right time.
• Gathering and packaging information about all of the above for the shop.
Fabricators using FabTrol MRP’s Advanced Production solution will appreciate how the recent update to the software builds on FabTrol MRP's existing integration to automate the above efforts and package them for the shop floor. Fabricators familiar with FabTrol MRP's Advanced Production report "Parts to do by work area & batch" will recognize some of the logic involved in the new XML export and benefit from the new combination of that information with CNC data in an electronic format. For fabricators about to invest in CNC machines, the recent release of FabTrol MRP Version 3.0 will maximize a return on their investment in CNC equipment and integration.
For more information about FabTrol MRP Version 3.0, visit fabtrol.com or call 541-485-4719.
FabTrol Systems (fabtrol.com), a proud member of the Dowco Group, has been the leading supplier of steel fabrication management software for 25 years. In one modular integrated solution, FabTrol MRP provides management tools for estimating, drawings, materials, production, and shipping. Founded by steel fabricators, and still built around a core team of former steel fabricators, the company continues its commitment to the industry by actively seeking feedback from its customer companies—over 1,000 globally—and by working with other industry leaders to address existing and future needs.
FabTrol Systems | Software for Steel Fabricators Since 1984.