PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Iasi, Romania, 2009/10/13 - Migratory Data Systems today announced that Morningstar, Inc., a leading provider of independent investment research, will use Migratory PushEngine for its new real-time data Web solutions.
Migratory PushEngine is a client-server technology that publishes data over the Internet or Intranet to any standard Web browser continuously – as soon as fresh data is available on the server – without the need for any browser plug-in or other installation or configuration on the clients’ workstations or mobile devices.
“Our goal was to develop a high-performance real-time data application via the Web, and we selected Migratory’s high-volume streaming technology to fit our needs,” said Chris Boruff, president of advisor software for Morningstar.
“Migratory’s technology is a key part of the software we have developed to help our clients lower their support, hardware, and software costs, eventually allowing them to replace their older thick-client terminals with a browser-based, thin-client application with all of the same capabilities but none of the system overhead,” Boruff added.
“Capable of delivering real-time information to half-million concurrent web clients from a single server, Migratory PushEngine allows Morningstar to build online financial applications scalable to meet any growth in number of Web clients or data volumes with minimum costs”, said Mihai Rotaru, managing director for Migratory Data Systems.
Migratory Push Engine is a scalable high performance HTTP streaming server able to publish data in real-time over the Internet or intranet from any market data system to any standard web browser with no installation or configuration on the clients’ desktops.
• Zero installation and configuration on clients’ workstations or mobile devices, run from any standard web browser (no plug-ins, ActiveX controls, or applets required)
• True push: data is published to clients’ web browsers in real-time and continuously, as fresh data is available on the server;
• Low message latency and high throughput;
• Extreme vertical scalability: one server instance running on entry-level hardware is benchmarked to publish real-time data up to: 500,000 concurrent web clients and 1,000,000 updates per second;
• Built-in horizontal scalability: ability for streaming data from multiple PushEngine installations into the same page; live delivery is direct to the web page without the need for any iFrame;
• Reliable system with built-in dynamic load balancing and fail-over;
• Secure system using HTTPS, TLS/SSL encryption, dual firewalls, and data entitlement;
• Internationalization: accepts and supports content through the Unicode character set;
• Usability: no permanent loading progress bar, no permanent busy cursor;
• JMX monitoring support;
• Cross platform server running on Linux, Windows, Solaris, and potentially any Operating System that supports Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE);
• Support any standard web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and much more including the recent Safari for iPhone and Google Chrome.
Off-the-shelf integration for Migratory PushEngine is available for:
• Any standard RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) such as Oracle, Sybase, MySql, Postgresql, Microsoft SQL Server etc
• Any RMDS (Reuters Market Data System) including RMDS 5, RMDS 6, Triarch/TIB, Direct Connect, News feeds, and Data Access Control System (DACS).
About Migratory Data Systems
Migratory Data Systems (migratory.ro) is a provider of real-time technologies and services. The company’s clients include some of the world's largest financial institutions and prestigious technology firms.