PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2009/10/12 - Outstanding performances in Europe's healthcare industry were recognised at Frost & Sullivan's '2009 Excellence in Healthcare Awards Banquet,' held in London on 8th October. 17 leading companies were presented with awards at this prestigious event.
Recipients from a range of healthcare sectors, including drug discovery technologies, healthcare and life sciences IT, medical imaging and honourees were lauded for exceptional product innovation and differentiation, business development strategies and market leadership.
Frost & Sullivan's highly competitive awards recognise companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices in the industry.
Delivering the keynote address on emerging Healthcare markets, Mr. Sumit Sharma, Senior Vice President (Global), Emerging Markets & New Business Healthcare Practice Director, Frost & Sullivan, said, "As the key Healthcare markets begin to saturate and the overall spending by the governments on Healthcare is challenged, the need for new markets and growth avenues become more important than ever before. One such opportunity is China. The recent reforms in China has resulted in the opening up of the doors for MNCs to penetrate more into this ever expanding and dynamic market. The biggest opportunities in China are being created by the increasing focus of urbanisation by the government that leads to improvements in the Healthcare systems for every strata of the population, sophistication of hospitals, improved IP regulations and the greater need for superior commercialisation plans. All in all, China promises to the biggest growth opportunity for the Healthcare companies in the west, irrespective of their size.”
Following this address was the evening's highlight – the awards presentation recognising outstanding performers in the healthcare arena over the past year:
• Touch Bionics - 2009 European Bionic Limbs Hot Investment Opportunity Award;
• Ziehm Imaging - 2009 European Mobile C-Arms Business Development Strategy Leadership Award;
• ERGONEX Pharma - 2009 European Orphan Diseases Entrepreneurial Company Award;
• Mennen Medical Ltd - 2009 European Patient Monitoring Technology Leadership of the Year Award;
• TCLAND EXPRESSION - 2009 European Biomarker Discovery and Development Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award;
• TCLAND EXPRESSION - 2009 European Gene Expression Biomarkers Technology Innovation Award;
• Cegedim Dendrite - 2009 World LifeSciences-IT Market Leadership Award;
• InterSystems - 2009 European Hospital Information System Customer Value Leadership Award;
• Anoto - 2009 European Care Management Systems Industry Innovation & Advancement Award;
• Viatronix Incorporated - 2009 European Medical Imaging Emerging Company of the Year Award;
• Phillips Healthcare - 2009 European Fluoroscopy Product Quality Leadership Award.
The Frost & Sullivan Healthcare Awards Banquet honoured Europe's best healthcare companies for their achievements over the course of this year. At a time of global recession and recovery, these award winners have devised strategies to stay on top of their markets and realise competitive excellence.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan (frost.com), the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best in class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 35 offices on six continents.