The AWIB Leadership Awards highlight the tremendous contributions of Asian women as entrepreneurs and corporate leaders, and recognizes the ever-increasing economic influence of Asian women. The awards are given out for two categories - Corporate Leadership and Entrepreneurial Leadership.
Recipients of the 2009 Corporate Leadership Award are:
• Barbara Adachi, Principal, Deloitte Consulting;
• Sonya Gong Jent, Vice President of Operations, State Farm Insurance;
The recipients of the 2009 Entrepreneurial Leadership Award are:
• Wei Yang Brian, CEO & Owner, Wei East, a line of skin care and make-up products that combine the power of ancient Eastern herbal remedies with modern Western technology. The company is headquarters in Newton, PA with $30M+ in sales.
• Naheed Syed, CEO & Owner, Global Resource Management Inc., a consulting firm that delivers IT, staff augmentation and applications development to Fortune 500 companies and government agencies globally. GRMI is headquartered in Suwanee, GA, with $40M+ in annual revenue.
The recipient of the 2009 Young Entrepreneurial Leadership Award (under 30):
• Kiran Gill, President & Owner, PARS Environmental, a full service environmental
consulting firm that offers creative solutions to a broad range of engineering, health & safety, and environmental issues. The company is headquartered in Robbinsville, NJ with $4.5M+ in annual revenue.
The recipients were selected by the AWIB Board of Advisors from over 40 nominations. Their resounding success in the business world and deep commitment to helping the community makes them truly inspiring role models.
“Pioneer, trailblazer, innovator, visionary - these are the words that come to my mind when I think of our five award winners. We are pleased to bring their stories to public attention and honored to give them much deserved accolades,” says Bonnie Wong, President, Asian Women in Business.
The Awards Dinner will be held at the Hilton New York, 1335 Avenue of the Americas ([.]53rd St) in midtown Manhattan. A cocktail reception will kickoff the evening at 6:00 pm, followed by dinner and awards ceremony. There will be a silent auction and raffle throughout the evening.
AWIB’s Leadership Awards have received much critical acclaim, and despite the economic environment, is supported by over 25 corporate sponsors, which attests to their positive experience working with and investing in AWIB. Some of this year’s top sponsors are the Bank of New York Mellon, State Farm Insurance, Walmart/Sam’s Club, Bloomberg, Deloitte LLP, Empire BlueCross BlueShield and many more.
Asian Women In Business (awib.org) is the only nonprofit organization in the country with the primary mission of assisting Asian women entrepreneurs. Over the years, AWIB has expanded its mission to address issues affecting the business and professional development of Asian women. AWIB sponsors conferences, workshops and seminars on a variety of business topics and holds frequent networking activities to enable members to make important business contacts.