Remodelista.com, a leading home design blog, today relaunched as the first design website to tightly integrate cutting-edge editorial content with a curated selection of products.
With a new array of tools and services, Remodelista has evolved into a full-featured online sourcebook for architects, designers, and consumers seeking to make better-informed home design decisions when undertaking a remodel, or furnishing a home or apartment.
“Anyone who has survived a remodel—or simply shopped for a couch—knows that an enormous amount of research goes into every selection,” says Remodelista Editor Julie Carlson. “Our new website simplifies the decision-making process, allowing readers to find the best products quickly and easily and then share them with friends, architects, or contractors.”
Remodelista’s relaunch mirrors the experience of the four editors—Carlson, Janet Hall, Sarah Lonsdale and Francesca Connolly—who restarted their own careers once their children entered school by creating the website. Drawing from their combined professional backgrounds as magazine editor, video producer, fabric designer and human resources director, the women have merged their similar design sensibilities with an entrepreneurial drive to form Remodelista.
New Features for Design Professionals and Consumers
The new site combines a strong editorial viewpoint—publishing several new original articles each day—with a comprehensive product catalog that lets readers pick and choose among furnishings selected by the writers. It also offers services and tools to design professionals who can use Remodelista as an inspiration resource and a product guide, and a tool for remotely communicating with clients.
• My Design Files is an online tool that enables design professionals and clients to create personal clipping files for projects and rooms. These files can then be shared with colleagues, clients, architects, contractors, and friends.
• Shop Categories is a new product catalog of over 4,500 items that covers all the furnishings and fixtures needed to outfit a home. From the just-right kitchen clock to the ideal outdoor shower, this directory lets users quickly locate and purchase products chosen by the discerning Remodelista editorial team.
• Readers can reference Remodelista’s 10 Easy Pieces selections to find the top-ten of the most common home furnishings categories. Categories include the perfect cabinet pull, the sleekest wall-mounted faucet, or the best-priced white tile.
• The Get Inspired sections of Steal This Look and Architect Visits provide consumers and design professionals with a trove of inspirational interior images—and the means to replicate them.
• Remodelista Daily features new posts each day, and a way to comprehensively browse or search through the entire Remodelista collection of stories.
“Remodelista is a great resource. Professionally, we use it to search for products or inspiration imagery to share with clients when proposing design concepts, and we are excited about the site’s new features,” says Oliver Freundlich of MADE, LLC, a prominent architectural firm in New York City that has done projects for actress Julianne Moore and artist Chuck Close.
San Francisco-based Remodelista.com is a leading design and renovation blog operated by Remodelista, LLC. The blog was launched in 2007 and has been recognized as a foremost online resource for home furnishing and design ideas by Domino, Dwell, Elle Décor, Martha Stewart Living, Real Simple, and Sunset magazines. Remodelista appears on numerous top design blog lists, including Blogs.com, and has been featured on Yahoo! Shine, MocoLoco, DesignSponge, Casa Sugar, and Inhabitat among other sites.
Remodelista editors Julie Carlson, Janet Hall, Sarah Lonsdale and Francesca Connolly will be the featured speakers at “Remodelista Deconstructed,” Thursday, September 24, 7-9pm, at Design Within Reach’s flagship store, 110 Greene Street, (between Prince and Spring), New York, NY 10012. RSVP to soho[.]dwr.com.