PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redbourn, Herts, United Kingdom, 2009/09/03 - Leading communications company Telefónica O2 UK Limited has recruited fast growing talent management specialist, Ochre House to assist with resourcing across the UK - OchreHouse.com.
Operating within O2’s existing UK Resourcing Team, Ochre House will help drive a new approach to talent acquisition. The team will enable O2 to identify high potential talent for future opportunities and provide enhanced career opportunities for existing employees.
This integrated approach to talent management will ensure O2 is ideally positioned to build upon both internal and external talent through the expertise provided by Ochre House. The relationship will deliver cost effective solutions and ensure a consistent recruitment experience across the business.
O2 opted to use a specialist provider to benefit from its expertise in developing and delivering innovative solutions within a short space of time. Following a rigorous tender process, the contract was awarded to Ochre House in June 2009.
“We chose Ochre House because of its excellent record of delivery at the professional and managerial level,” says Ian Ruddy, Head of HR Operations for O2. “We already provide dedicated resourcing support to our retail and customer service areas. This agreement with Ochre House enables us to extend this complete resourcing service across the whole of Telefónica O2 UK.”
“We’re excited to be working with O2 because its leadership clearly understands the importance of integrating resourcing into the whole talent management spectrum rather than simply focusing on recruitment issues,” says Sue Brooks, Managing Director of Ochre House. “Effective talent management isn’t just about sourcing high calibre people. It’s also about matching their goals and needs to the company culture, developing them to their full potential and ensuring that the company provides the right challenges, opportunities and rewards throughout their working lives.”
About Ochre House
Drawing on more than fifteen years' experience, Ochre House (ochrehouse.com) is now one of the EMEA region’s major players in recruitment outsourcing and the wider talent management field. We work with highly demanding and ambitious organisations across the continent such as BUPA, Steria, McAfee and Siemens for whom we manage recruitment, development and retention campaigns encompassing thousands of professionals.
About O2 UK
• Telefónica O2 UK Limited is a leading communications company for consumers and businesses in the UK, with 20.7 million mobile customers and 457,000 fixed broadband customers as at 30 June 2009.
• Telefónica O2 UK Limited is part of Telefónica Europe plc which is a business division of Telefónica S.A. and which owns O2 in the UK, Ireland, Slovakia, Germany and the Czech Republic, and has 46 million customers.
• In 2006 Telefónica Europe acquired Be*, the UK fixed broadband provider, and in October 2007 O2 launched its broadband service using the Be* network.
• O2 is the naming rights partner of The O2, the world-class entertainment venue.
• O2 was ranked highest in customer satisfaction for both UK mobile and fixed broadband customers according to the J.D. Power and Associates UK Mobile and Fixed Broadband Studies 2009.
• In February 2009 O2 became the first UK mobile operator to be officially certified with the Carbon Trust Standard in recognition of O2’s commitment to reduce its carbon footprint and the 15% reduction in energy consumption achieved over the past three years.
• O2 was launched on 1 May 2002 and now has more customers than any other UK mobile network.
• O2’s UK mobile network covers 99% of the UK’s population. O2’s 3G network covers over 80% of the UK population and is fully HSDPA-enabled, providing speeds of up to 3.6 Mbps for customers with an HSDPA-enabled device.
• Telefónica Europe also owns 50% of the Tesco Mobile and Tchibo Mobilfunk joint venture businesses in the UK and Germany.