PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Princeton, NJ, United States, 2009/09/01 - NAFA's Alabama Chapter presents the 4th Annual Southern Regional Conference this October featuring presentations on such topics as service level agreements, customer satisfaction programs and accident avoidance.
The 4th Annual Southern Regional Conference will be held October 8-10 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Orange Beach, Alabama. The conference, presented by the Alabama Chapter of NAFA Fleet Management Association, kicks off with a pool side reception sponsored by NAPA Auto Parts on Thursday night and followed by two days of presentations and networking on Friday and Saturday.
Topics to be covered during the conference include:
• Service Level Agreements – Celena Stone, CAFM, Fleet Manager for the City of Huntsville, Alabama will explain how service level agreements can be effective tools for helping providers and customers manage expectations and build strong relationships. The presentation will provide a comprehensive understanding of service level agreements and what to do to be successful in establishing them as they become more prevalent in both public and private fleets.
• Net Promoter – Matthew Betz, Vice President National Account Sales for AmeriFleet Transportation will explain how to set up a customer satisfaction program. The system sets up a rating process called Net Promoter Score that is a straightforward way to determine how many customers would recommend your service to a peer.
• Accident Avoidance – Jim Costello, Sales Manager for ADTS Inc. will cover driver safety, including how to avoid accidents and what fleet managers can do to improve the driver's awareness of potential accidents.
• 2010 Diesel Emissions – Brad Turner, Key Marketing Manager for Navistar will bring the audience up to date on 2010 Diesel Emissions Standards and how to meet the standards.
• The Benefits of SCR – Rex Beck, Territory Manager for Cummins Mid-South will discuss SCR and Diesel Exhaust Fluid with regards to the 2010 Diesel Emissions Standards and why Cummins chose to change directions from in-cylinder to the SCR.
• The Dangers of Drowsy Driving – Matthew Betz's second presentation will discuss the scope of drowsy driving; how to identify drowsy driving crashes in your fleet; if your fleet drivers are at risk; and how to reduce the risk of drowsy driving crashes in your fleet.
• Motivating Your Fleet Drivers – Jim Costello's second presentation will provide information on how to speak to your fleet drivers and how to motivate them to be safer drivers.
Registration for the 4th Annual Southern Regional Conference is $100 for NAFA Members or Affiliates before September 22 ($125 afterwards) and $125 for non-members ($150 afterwards). Any NAFA Member who brings a potential member to the conference gets in for half price. For more information, please contact Greg Noah, NAFA Alabama Chapter Treasurer at (256) 549-4705.
About NAFA Fleet Management Association
NAFA Fleet Management Association (nafa.org) is a not-for-profit, individual membership professional society serving the needs of members who manage fleets of sedans, public safety vehicles, trucks, and buses of all types and sizes, and a wide range of military and off-road equipment for organizations across the globe. NAFA is the association for the diverse vehicle fleet management profession regardless of organizational type, geographic location or fleet composition. NAFA's Full and Associate Members are responsible for the specification, acquisition, maintenance and repair, fueling, risk management, and remarketing of more than 3.5 million vehicles including in excess of 1.1 million trucks of which 350 thousand are medium- and heavy-duty trucks.