Lombardi, a leader in business process management (BPM) solutions, released highlights of its business performance for the six months ended June 30, 2009. Driven by strong customer acquisition, the company achieved double-digit revenue growth during the first half of 2009, compared to the same period in 2008. On an earnings basis, Lombardi was profitable and added to its cash reserves during 1H09.
Representative customer wins during the first half of 2009 include Aviva Plc, Callidus Software, Capgemini BPO, COFIDIS, Cotemar S.A de C.V., Enerplus Resources, HDI Seguros Brazil, Louisiana Dept of Natural Resources, Stanford University, Teachers Credit Union, Thomas Cook, Trion World Networks and UNIFI Mutual, as well as several US government agencies.
“Lombardi’s value proposition of giving business people the power to improve their operations proved a ‘must-have’ during a difficult economy,” said Rod Favaron, chief executive officer at Lombardi. “We continued to successfully execute on our plan to focus on customer growth and success, product innovation and global expansion, and most importantly, we did it while remaining profitable.”
A summary of Lombardi's results for the six months ended June 30, 2009 include the following:
• Continued Operational Growth: Double-digit revenue growth as compared to the same period in 2008. Lombardi has dramatically outpaced all BPM competitors, with 900% revenue growth over the past 5 years.
• Growth in BPM Market Share: During the year achieved dozens of strategic customer wins and client “go-live” process deployments of Lombardi Teamworks BPMS, and extended the use of Lombardi Blueprint, the company’s SaaS-based process documentation, discovery and collaboration product, to thousands of companies in more than 100 countries.
• Product Innovation: Introduced significant product enhancements and capabilities to the BPM marketplace through the release of Teamworks® 7, the next generation of Lombardi’s award-winning BPM Suite supporting large-scale business process transformation programs. It also released Lombardi Blueprint Spring ’09. This release of Blueprint is built so that every employee, partner, and supplier can easily and collaboratively participate in communicating and improving on an organisation's business ideas and initiatives.
• Pioneering Certification Program: Introduced Lombardi University, a first-of-its-kind comprehensive BPM skills development platform. Through Lombardi University, individuals can get role-based training for developer, program manager, analyst, operations and executive careers.
• Partner Ecosystem: Continued to expand the company’s global sales and support ecosystem, including the addition of global business process outsourcers, partners and resellers located in India, South America and Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In addition, the company and its strategic partner Tata Consultancy Services opened a new TCS-Lombardi Insurance Solutions Lab in Bangalore, India in June.
• User Community: Driven, Lombardi’s user community conference, was moved online this year. More than 1000 customers, partners and analysts attended this first-of-a-kind virtual event.
• Analyst Recognition: In February, Gartner, Inc. positioned Lombardi in the "Leaders" quadrant of its 2009 Magic Quadrant for Business Process Management Suites report.* Gartner positions vendors in the magic quadrant based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute. Additionally Butler Group published a Technology Audit reviewing the Lombardi product portfolio in June.
“The measure of a company isn’t how they do in great times, but in challenging times,” said Phil Gilbert, president of Lombardi. “During the first half of the year Lombardi took market share, introduced ground-breaking new products and services, and put cash in the bank. We’re headed into the back-half of the year stronger than ever.”
About the Magic Quadrant
The Gartner Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2009 by Gartner, Inc., and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors’ measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Lombardi (lombardi.com) is a leader in business process management (BPM). We offer award-winning BPM technology and services to help our customers, partners and government agencies around the world succeed with their process improvement initiatives.
Lombardi is behind some of the largest, most successful BPM implementations in the world. Our customers include AARP, Aflac, Allianz Group, Applied Materials, Aviva Plc., Banco Espirito Santo, Barclays Global Investors, Chiquita Brands, Dell, Financial Services Authority, Ford Motor Company, Hasbro, ING Direct, Intel, Jaguar Land Rover, Mirant, National Bank of Canada, National Institutes of Health, OAD Groep, Pfizer, PHH Arval, SIRVA, Symantec, UCLH, Wells Fargo, Yale University and numerous governmental agencies.
Lombardi, Teamworks are registered trademarks and Teamworks Process Optimizer, Teamworks Portal, Teamworks for Office, Teamworks for SharePoint and Lombardi Blueprint are trademarks of Lombardi Software, Inc. All other company/product names and service marks may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
* Gartner Research "Magic Quadrant for Business Process Management Suites, 2009” by J. Hill, M. Cantara, M. Kerremans, D. Plummer. February 18, 2009.