PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Norcross, GA, United States, 2009/08/18 - Thirteen individuals honored for their contributions to the advancement of design, design solutions, and the design professions.
Design Futures Council co-chairman James P. Cramer has announced the selection of 2009 Design Futures Council Fellows. Thirteen individuals were honored in recognition of their "significant contributions toward the understanding of changing trends, new research, and applied knowledge leading to innovative design models that improve the built environment and the human condition," according to the citation.
Fellowship is granted to individuals who have provided noteworthy leadership to the advancement of design, design solutions, or the design professions.
The DFC Senior Fellows for 2009 are:
• Carrie Byles, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLC
• Wing T. Chao, Walt Disney Imagineering
• Daniel P. Coffey, Daniel P. Coffey & Associates Ltd.
• Maj. Gen. Del Eulberg, United States Air Force
• Michael Graves, Michael Graves & Associates
• Robert C. Grupe, USG Corp.
• Craig W. Hartman, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLC
• Brad Pitt, actor and environmental advocate
• Jane Poynter, Paragon Space Development Corp.
• Renzo Piano, Renzo Piano Building Workshop
• Kathleen Sebelius, U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services
• Stephen J. Senkowski, Armstrong World Industries
• Alan Webber, Fast Company
“We are most inspired and we congratulate our new DFC Senior Fellows,” said Cramer.
About The Design Futures Council
The Design Futures Council (di.net) is an interdisciplinary network of design, product, and construction leaders exploring global trends, challenges, and opportunities to advance innovation and shape the future of the industry and environment. Members include leading architecture and design firms, dynamic manufacturers, service providers, and forward-thinking AEC firms of all sizes that take an active interest in their future.
Their journal, DesignIntelligence, is a bi-monthly publication of unique research, practical advice, and peer-to-peer information exchange. It is published by Greenway Communications.