Embarcadero Technologies, a provider of database tools and developer software, today announced the first of three Embarcadero® RAD Studio 2010 sneak previews. The first sneak preview showcases the integrated development environment (IDE) enhancements in the new release, some of the more than 120 that improve developer experience and productivity. New features include:
• IDE Insight – a timesaving tool to easily find files, components, features and settings using simple keystrokes and search terms
• Code Formatter – to implement consistent coding styles with minimal effort
• Class Explorer – for a configurable hierarchical view of class libraries throughout a project and enabling fast navigation to declarations and implementations and now available for C++Builder
• Data Visualizers – that make debugging easier by displaying visual representations of data in definable forms
• Debugger Thread Control – to freeze, thaw and isolate individual threads within applications during debugging to track down problems faster
“The productivity gains from these enhancements will save developers time as they find files easier and understand code better,” said Michael Swindell, vice president of products, Embarcadero Technologies. “By increasing productivity, Embarcadero is helping developers to meet the challenging business demands, faster and with increased innovation and understanding.”
The IDE enhancements will benefit Embarcadero® All-Access™ with the upcoming versions of Delphi and C++Builder as well as Delphi 2009 and 2007 added into the version mix and accessible from within the All-Access client. Embarcadero All-Access enables customers to select from one of four All-Access levels providing on-demand access to the entire Embarcadero tool chest.
The Borland and CodeGear IDE tools business lives on with Embarcadero’s strong commitment to continued innovation in the product roadmap. Throughout August, Embarcadero will be showcasing sneak previews to show what’s in store for RAD Studio 2010 with its new 2010 versions of Delphi, C++Builder and Delphi Prism™.
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. (embarcadero.com) is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world.
Embarcadero, the Embarcadero Technologies logos and all other Embarcadero Technologies product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.