PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Seattle, WA, United States, 2009/08/05 - Outlook Send Assistant verifies recipient email addresses and warns the user if the message is being sent under a variety of different and potentially damaging circumstances such as to a distribution list or using "Reply To All".
PayneGroup, a long time and leading provider in security software and automation tools, today announced the release of Outlook Send Assistant, one in a series of its workflow productivity and protection tools. Outlook Send Assistant verifies recipient email addresses and warns the user if the message is being sent under a variety of different and potentially damaging circumstances such as to a distribution list or using Reply To All.
When used in conjunction with Outlook 2000 or higher and on HTML formatted e-mails, Outlook Send Assistant can be configured to fit many different “gotcha” scenarios that users may experience. In addition, optional notification prompts can be established to remind users to add specific snippets of language such as marketing information, an attorney-client communication footer or the IRS Circular 230 Disclosure.
Says Eugene P. Stein, Executive Director of Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP: "Outlook Send Assistant is a life-saver. It helps remind the sender they are Replying To All, or, possibly more damaging if they didn't know, that they are replying to an email in which they were BCC'd. Such a simple tool prevents such complex situations. Now that we have it, we can't live without it."
With many customization options, Outlook Send Assistant can:
• Determine if there is an external email address contained in the TO, CC or BCC recipient list; and confirm if the user would like to edit the e-mail or continue sending;
• Detect Reply To All usage and prompt the user by asking if they would actually like to reply to all recipients (customizable with any firm-specific language);
• Notify recipient of BCC status and prevent related disclosure;
• Check for the use of Firm Distribution Lists and verify that the user intended to use them as recipients;
• Designate Global Address List (GAL) Distribution Lists as automatically trusted;
• Prompt the user to include a variety of configured disclaimers or marketing messages at the bottom of the e-mail message.
“Outlook Send Assistant will not only help cure your users of common e-mail “gotchas,” but should be an important part of any firm’s program to apply risk management policies preventatively and pro-actively,” added Donna Payne, CEO of PayneGroup. “We are very excited to be offering such a useful, but simple tool that could save firms from possible malpractice situations or embarrassing client confidentiality breaches.”
Contact PayneGroup (payneconsulting.com) at 1-888-GOPAYNE (1-888-467-2963) for demo and purchase information for Outlook Send Assistant or any of Payne’s many desktop products.