PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Strongsville, OH, United States, 2009/07/31 - PPG Industries’ (NYSE: PPG) commercial coatings group has introduced ECK compound, which provides patented electrolysis corrosion “kontrol” proven to prevent dissimilar metal corrosion. NYSE: PPG
ECK compound is intended for use in a broad range of body building and manufacturing applications where dissimilar metals may come in contact. By exclusive arrangement with Van Nay, LLC, PPG is the sole U.S. distributor of the convenient new ECK compound squeeze-tube package.
“We are pleased to add ECK to the PPG commercial coatings line of products,” said Megan Farkasovsky, PPG marketing specialist. “We believe that the ECK product adds real value in terms of corrosion protection for many types of equipment, including fire and emergency apparatus, military vehicles, trailers, and agricultural/construction equipment.”
ECK compound inhibits electrolytic reactions, contains sacrificial zinc, and is an effective moisture barrier. In extensive testing, it has proven highly effective in eliminating corrosion between aluminum and stainless steel fasteners, outperforming traditional silicone sealants and Mylar tape.
“Teaming up with PPG is a tremendous opportunity,” said Richard Nay Sr., Van Nay president. “With our combined resources, we can supply this outstanding product in easy-to-use new packaging to a broader array of quality-minded manufacturers.”
ECK anti-corrosion compound:
• Prevents all types of corrosion, including mag-chloride, cal-chloride, galvanic and electrolysis.
• Withstands temperatures to 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Is safe for painted and unpainted surfaces.
• Supports use with rubber and plastic.
• Meets OSHA and ACGIH standards, and is rated a low 1 for health on the material safety data sheet.
• Replaces anti-seize, dielectric-grease and Mylar tape products.
• Contains no silicone and is petroleum-based, so it will not dry or wash off.
• Prevents bolts and fasteners from galling and seizing.
For more information about ECK compound, call 800-647-6050 or visit the PPG commercial coatings Website at ppgcommercialcoatings.com/.
Pittsburgh-based PPG (ppg.com) is a global supplier of paints, coatings, optical products, specialty materials, chemicals, glass and fiber glass. The company has more than 140 manufacturing facilities and equity affiliates and operates in more than 60 countries. Sales in 2008 were $15.8 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG).
ECK is a trademark of Van Nay, LLC.