Targeted to law firm chief marketing officers, marketing directors, executive directors, business development officers and partners in charge of marketing, the two-day conference will focus on the changing role of marketing and marketers as law firms respond to the challenges of the current economic recession.
“As co-chairs, we’re proud to have assembled many of the most accomplished folks in legal marketing to participate in this conference. Attendees can expect an excellent return on their investment of time and money,” said Katherine Miletich, marketing director, Chicago for Sidley Austin LLP and Larry Bodine, business development advisor, Apollo Business Development.
Key session topics will include:
• “Finding the Holy Grail of Marketing: Effective Cross-Selling”
• “Weathering the Economic Storm”
• “How to Motivate and Activate Your Lawyers to Do Business Development”
• “Marketing Trends from Other Professional Services Companies”
• “How to Target and Crack a Large Account”
• “The Marketer as Firefighter: How to Keep a Strategic Focus When There are Dozens of Small Fires to Put Out”
• “Strengthening and Expanding Relationships With Your Most Important Clients”.
The conference keynote address will be delivered by Cheryl Blackwell Bryson, partner at Duane Morris LLP. An award-winning contributor in both the professional and civic arenas, Blackwell Bryson will discuss her approach to internal cross-selling, her experiences developing win/win strategies with fellow partners, picking the right clients and the importance of a firm’s culture.
Other event speakers will include:
• Jeffrey J. Berardi, chief marketing officer, K&L Gates LLP
• Murray Coffey, business development director, Jenner & Block
• Theresa Jaffe, chair, marketing committee, Chicago Bar Association Board of Directors
• Robyn Radomski, chief marketing officer, Reinhart, Boerner Van Deuren
• Barbara C. Sessions, chief marketing officer, Winston & Strawn LLP
• David Southern, global director of business development, Baker & McKenzie LLP
For additional conference information, or to register for this program, contact customer service at (212) 457-7905, email or visit americanlawyer.com/cmo.
The conference is presented by The American Lawyer, in conjunction with Incisive Media Conferences and Trade Shows, a leading producer of educational and networking events for business leaders and professionals.
Incisive Media (incisivemedia.com) is a leading global provider of specialized business news and information, in print, in person and online. The company’s principal markets include commercial real estate, financial services, legal services, marketing services and risk management. Incisive Media’s market-leading brands include Accountancy Age, Computing, Investment Week, Legal Week, Post, Real Estate Forum and The American Lawyer.
Accountancy Age, The American Lawyer, Computing, Corporate Counsel, Investment Week, Legal Week, LegalTech, Post, Risk, Real Estate Forum and Search Engine Strategies are trademarks or registered trademarks of Incisive Media, LLC or affiliated entities.