PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2009/07/01 - For secure and growing business, ensuring confidentiality, Integrity and availability of Information became mandatory, thus the role Information Security Auditors is vital. The Training for the making auditors certified will be held in KSA.
Information is the basis on which governments and commercial organizations to conduct their business activities. Losses confidentiality, integrity, availability of information and services can have an adverse impact on organizations.
Consequently, there is a critical need to protect information and to manage the security of information technology (IT) system within organizations. This requirement to protect information is particularity important in today's environment because many organizations are internally and externally connected by networks of IT systems.
NexCons Training services have designed a number of courses that will help you to fully understand and implement effective information security and management. The courses of NexCons are accredited to Forum for Quality Assurance (FQA).
This 5 days Lead Auditor certified course Information Security Management System (ISMS) Auditor training courses provide information security professionals with the knowledge and skills required to assess the conformance of an organization's information security management system to ISO27001:2005.
Requirements of knowledge & background:
• Experiences of IT security or Information Security Management;
• Experiences of BS7799 / ISO27001:2005;
• Knowledge of the principles of information security management systems;
Participants need to demonstrate acceptable performance in all of these areas in order to complete the course successfully and you will need to demonstrate a factual and objective approach to the assessment of student performance against the following.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Imparting knowledge on the purpose of an information security management system (ISMS) and explain the processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing and improving an ISMS as defined in ISO/IEC 27001, including the significance of these for ISMS auditors.
• Acquire knowledge on the purpose, content and interrelationship of ISO/IEC 27001:2005, ISO/IEC 27002:2005, ISO/IEC 27006:2007 and the legislative framework relevant to an ISMS.
• Learn the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an ISMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
• Interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27006in the context of an ISMS audit.
• Undertake the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
In order for participants to achieve the overall learning objectives, they will need to acquire and develop specific knowledge and skills. These are specified below as Enabling Objectives are considered as steps to the achievement of the Learning Objectives.
By the end of the course participants shall be able to: Demonstrate the ability to explain the purpose of an information security management system (ISMS) and the processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing and improving an ISMS as defined in ISO/IEC 27001, including the significance of these for ISMS auditors.
Who should attend?
• Those wishing to implement a formal Information Security Management System (ISMS) in accordance with BS7799 - 2:2002 / ISO27001:2005;
• Existing security auditors who wish to expand their auditing skills;
• Consultants who wish to provide advice on BS7799 - 2:2002/ ISO27001:2005 systems certification;
• IT and Quality Professionals.
What will I learn?
• The management systems approach to identifying and managing information security risks
• The requirements of ISO 27001: 2005
• Specific ISMS audit approaches.
• 5 daysincluding 2-hour written examination.
Venue: Holiday Al qasar, Riyadh, KSA / Date: July 25th-29th
For participation email training[.]nexcons.com or call +966 5 31861890.