Zammit & Associates – Advocates, a legal practice based in Malta focusing, amongst other areas, on ship registration and finance, has launched a free, practical and novel tool on company website, which allows ship owners to instantly calculate the cost of registering their vessels under the Malta flag.
The Vessel Registration Fee Calculator available on company website calculates the exact registration fee ,annual fee and tonnage tax applicable based on ship length, ship type, tonnage and year of build. The unit of currency is in the Euro.
Malta offers competitive and attractive incentives to owners and charterers of commercial vessels and pleasure and commercial yachts, besides a solid legal framework which provides vessel financers with the desired level of security. More information on the advantages of registering a ship under the Maltese flag are available for download from company website.
Zammit & Associates - Advocates offers ship-owners and financial institutions the following services:
• Searches of Malta-registered vessels;
• Searches of ship-owning companies;
• Assistance with the registration and deletion of vessels under the Malta flag;
• Assistance with all aspects of vessel financing transactions, including the registration of any statutory mortgage deed/s, preparation of collateral deeds of covenants, legal opinions, and amendments, transfers and discharges of registered mortgages;
• Handling vessels’ operational issues with the Malta Maritime Authority;
• Arrest or vessels.
About Zammit & Associates – Advocates
Zammit & Associates - Advocates (zammit-law.com) is a legal practice based in Malta focusing on business law, with a predominantly international outlook. Its client-base is largely composed of foreign-owned Maltese companies, high net-worth individuals and financial institutions. The firm also provides external consultancy on corporate- and financial-law issues to other law firms and legal practitioners in Malta.