PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Maynard, MA, United States, 2009/05/29 - Paul Nickelsberg, President and CTO of Orchid Technologies Engineering and Consulting, Inc., will be speaking at the Medical Development Group (MDG) June 2009 Forum: Why Devices Fail and What You Need To Do To Prevent This From Happening - MedDevGroup.org.
Date & Time: Wednesday June 3, 2009 5:30 PM
Location: Foley Hoag Emerging Enterprise Center, Bay Colony Corporate Center, 1000 Winter Street, Suite 4000, North Entrance, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451-1436
Register for this event: at the Medical Development Group website.
• Paul Nickelsberg, President, Orchid Technologies, Maynard, MA
• Chase Sebor, Founder & Partner, Venture Technologies, N. Billerica, MA
• Brian Stonecipher, Principal, Human Factors, Continuum, Newton, MA
Tony Raymond, President and Consultant, New Harbor SQA
A successful medical device development process must meet many criteria – perhaps the most critical is reliability. The varied engineering disciplines that enter into the device development process necessarily use different methodologies to attempt to ensure that their contribution to the process maximizes the reliability of that component or subsystem. At the June 3 Forum, attendees will hear from three experienced engineering professionals with three different perspectives on this problem.
The panel and attendees will discuss questions such as:
• When should failure analyses begin?
• How can information from past development processes be incorporated?
• How many different failure analysis methods should be used?
• How does one acquire probability data for failure analysis methods?
• How should failure analyses for different subsystems be combined?
$20 (PrePaid), $30 at the door
$30 (PrePaid), $40 at the door
Contact: Julie Lavallee at Orchid Technologies Engineering and Consulting, Inc., at 978-461-2000 X115 for more information.