LexisNexis® with International Financial Corporation (IFC) presents 'Vietnam Corporate Governance Forum' this coming 8th & 9th October 2009 at New World Saigon Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Over the last two decades, Vietnam has emerged as one of Asia’s fastest growing economies and most attractive locations for foreign investment.
However, concerns attributed to corporate governance have evolved along with Vietnam’s growth. Consequently, investors in Vietnam are concerned about corporate governance practices in Vietnamese companies.
LexisNexis®, in cooperation with IFC, a member of the World Bank Group with a focus on sustainable private sector development, will bring a timely forum on Corporate Governance in Vietnam to address important issues as they affect Vietnamese companies and their investors.
• Facilitate an open dialogue between the private and public sectors in Vietnam;
• Discuss current trends and barriers to better corporate governance with international and Vietnamese experts;
• Identify current corporate governance practices of Vietnamese companies;
• Discuss macroeconomic benefits of improved corporate governance in Vietnam.
Key Benefits of Attending:
• Receive updates on corporate governance trends and challenges applicable to Vietnam;
• Understand Vietnam’s legal and regulatory system and its effect on corporate governance practices of Vietnamese companies;
• Identify ways to strengthen Vietnamese capital markets by improving corporate governance;
• Understand the link between corporate governance and foreign direct investment;
• Learn how corporate governance can improve business efficiency and lower cost of capital;
• Obtain a better understanding of governance, risk and compliance.
Prominent Speakers on board:
• Philip Armstrong, Head, IFC Global Corporate Governance Program;
• Lan Van Nguyen, Project Manager, IFC Vietnam Corporate Governance Program;
• Nguyen Dinh Cung, Director of Department for Macroeconomic Policy, Central Institute of Economic Management, Ministry of Planning and Investment;
• Charles Canfield, IFC Senior Corporate Governance Officer.
Who Should Attend: Directors, Members of the Board of Supervisors, CEOs, Vice-Presidents, Senior Managers, Managers, Accountants, Internal and External Auditors of the following industries: Infrastructure, Mining, Shipping, Manufacturing, Agriculture/food processing, Power/utilities, Oil & gas, Banking, who are involved in governance, internal control, internal audit, risk management, financial reporting, compliance, business assurance, business planning and fraud and investigation.
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content- enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets.
LexisNexis® originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK] LexisNexis® serves customers in more than 100 countries with 18,000 employees worldwide.
For more information on the Vietnam Corporate Governance Forum, please contact us.