Frost & Sullivan honored recipients of its 2009 Excellence in Mobile Communications Awards, at a banquet held on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 in San Francisco, California.
The Mobile & Wireless Communications Awards are given to companies that have made a significant contribution to the development and deployment of mobile and wireless technologies, in such areas as handsets, components, chipsets, applications, subscribers, services, and standards. Such companies have shown success at meeting the needs of companies and end-users, delivering value and innovation while developing world-class companies with strong management teams.
The Mobile Communications Awards Banquet was held in conjunction with Frost & Sullivan’s Go Mobile 2009: Harnessing Successful Mobility Strategies for Growth. Go Mobile 2009 (frost.com/gomobile) unites prominent leaders in the mobile and wireless industry, to share best practices in an interactive, informative, and engaging environment.
The companies recognized included:
• AT&T - 2009 North American Consumer LBS Navigation Application of the Year Award
• Boost Mobile - 2009 North American Prepaid Mobile Service of the Year Award
• DIDMO - 2009 North American Mobile Content & Advertising Enabling Technology Award
• Gearworks - 2009 North American Home Healthcare Mobile Solution of the Year Award
• Panasonic Computer Solutions - 2009 Global Laptop & Mobile Computing Product Innovation Award
• Sybase, Inc. - 2009 North American Mobile Enterprise Platform of the Year Award
• TeleNav - 2009 North American Mobile Resource Management Solution of the Year Award
• Vantrix Corporation - 2009 Premium Mobile Content Optimization Solution of the Year Award
• VeriSign Messaging and Mobile Media - 2009 North American Messaging-Based Mobile Banking Solution of the Year Award
“Despite a challenging operating environment, innovation continues unabated in the mobile and wireless industry,” stated J. Gerry Purdy, Ph.D., Vice President and Principal Analyst in the mobile & wireless practice at Frost & Sullivan. “We continue to see great advances in hardware, applications, and services, and we are pleased to recognize these frontrunners.”
Frost & Sullivan’s Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices.
For further information on the Awards Banquet or recipients, or for digital photos, please contact Jake Wengroff, jake.wengroff[.]frost.com.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best in class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from 31 offices on six continents.