Asigra Inc., a leading Cloud backup and recovery software provider, today announced certification with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V. Asigra simplifies and automates backup and recovery for Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V customers, providing the benefits of highly efficient data protection without the need to install I/O, memory and management-intensive backup software on virtual machines targeted for protection.
As a certified Microsoft Virtualization solution partner, Asigra ensures customers who are upgrading or migrating to Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V will continue to enjoy the benefits virtualization brings without the performance, cost and management impact of traditional agent-based backup software solutions. The industry-recognized Asigra Cloud backup and recovery platform resolves major issues such as performance loss by installing only one client to backup the entire site, thus protecting both the physical and virtual environment without deploying any agents. Asigra Cloud backup and recovery also eliminates manual deployment, cumbersome software and information management, restricted cross-platform interoperability and security challenges prevalent in many alternative solutions.
“Customers are adopting Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V over alternative products because of greater value, familiar tools and broad ISV ecosystem that allows customers to make the best use of their server hardware investments,” said Eric Jewett, group manager, Windows Server division at Microsoft Corp. “Asigra’s backup and recovery solution is a great fit for virtualized environments that require agentless data protection.”
Asigra’s certification provides customers with confidence that the company’s backup and recovery platform will work smoothly and effectively in the Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V environment. For organizations intent on improving efficiency while reducing operational and capital expenses, Asigra provides a very complete solution. Advantages for customers of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V include:
• Maximized cost savings by significantly reducing backup and recovery hardware and software requirements;
• Unified enterprise-wide solution for broad protection of physical/virtual servers, workstations, desktops and laptops organization-wide without agent-based cost penalties;
• Centralized management interface to ensure compliant backup and recovery across all physical and virtual environments throughout the enterprise;
• Backup and recovery optimized for Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V to greatly reduce management, CPU and memory resource impact servers;
• Any-to-any restore capability (P2P, P2V, V2V, V2P);
• Automated mass deployment and single interface management across distributed environments;
• VM-level and file-level backup/recovery support;
• Comprehensive enterprise application support;
• Extensive mixed physical/virtual OS interoperability;
• Global data de-duplication, CDP and Grid-based scalability;
• Intelligent data retention for recovery and compliance;
• High-performance datacenter replication.
“Our compatibility with leaders in server virtualization underscores our commitment to deliver on the promise of virtual server efficiency,” said Eran Farajun, EVP for Asigra. “By supporting Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V, users are provided another technology tool in their arsenal to achieve exceptional cost and operational advantages, allowing focus on more strategic IT initiatives."
Asigra’s Hybrid Cloud Backup and Recovery software is the industry’s most efficient, agile, scalable and cost-effective backup and recovery platform on the market today, helping organizations save time, money and resources by automating routine tasks and ensuring that information is recoverable when required. Leading organizations around the world apply these savings to projects of higher strategic and personal value. Asigra’s Day One ROI™ is driven by flexible business options, low up-front investment and the enormous value of low-touch agentless architecture. The company and its products have been widely acclaimed by leading partners such as HP, CDW and Ingram Micro and renowned customers such as Red Cross, Jet Blue and the National Weather Service. Asigra is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with offices globally.