Mimosa Systems, a leader in next-generation email, file and SharePoint archiving solutions, today announced that it received top marks in a recent Redmond Magazine MVP product review. The Redmond Roundup reviewed three Exchange Server applications from Mimosa, Quest and CA, with Mimosa NearPoint receiving the highest rating of a score of 9.4.
According to J. Peter Bruzzese of Redmond Magazine, “One of the features I really enjoyed learning about when running through a live discussion with the folks at Mimosa Systems was the SME process, which runs completely on the NearPoint server. SME breaks up the message information itself, as well as the properties of the message, including context information for folders, permissions and flags, and a record of whether the message was opened, edited, replied to, forwarded or deleted. Now think about that for a moment. Not only do you have an archive of your e-mail, which puts you within legal compliance due to the nature of business these days, but you have the ability to tell if a message went to a person and if the person read it, simply marked it as read, forwarded it or so forth. If a person now says, "I never saw that e-mail," you can prove whether or not he opened it -- which could come in quite handy.”
The Redmond Roundup identified the top reasons Exchange administrators might find Mimosa NearPoint of value including:
• Complete capture of Exchange data means being able to purge Exchange aggressively; there are customers doing 60- and 90-day deletes of Exchange because they know that the NearPoint archive has them covered
• Integrated recovery means better recovery point objectives and lower recovery time objectives; additionally, disk-based recovery means not having to restore backup tapes
• It's easy to deploy and maintain because there are no agents to install on Exchange or on user laptops or desktops
• It doesn't alter the existing Exchange environment
• It improves Exchange efficiency by not requiring MAPI crawls or journaling
• The eDiscovery module allows a legal department to conduct legal searches on its own and to execute legal hold on its own
• NearPoint's seamless end-user access via Outlook and .PST management tool, which allows users to continue to access their .PSTs in an Outlook view with folder hierarchies in place, keeps end users happy and not calling the help desk
“We are pleased to receive top marks from Redmond Magazine as an MVP product for Exchange,” said Scott Whitney, vice president of product management, Mimosa Systems. “Mimosa NearPoint gives customers the most complete archiving and protection solution out there to manage email, files, and SharePoint content in a single, unified repository. This review echoes the value our customers are experiencing with an affordable “one-stop” archiving solution to retain, recover and discover data across the enterprise.”
About Mimosa NearPoint
Mimosa NearPoint (mimosasystems.com) addresses critical customer requirements around email archiving, e-Discovery, regulatory compliance, business continuity, and storage optimization in a unified solution. Mimosa NearPoint proactively captures email, files, SharePoint content and instant messages; and provides legal search workflow, employee supervision, immediate mailbox and message recovery, disaster recovery, and self-service search and access in one solution. By leveraging cost-effective storage and advanced classification rules, NearPoint also optimizes content storage and reduces overall infrastructure costs.
Mimosa Systems, Inc. delivers next-generation email, file and SharePoint archiving solutions for information immediacy, discovery, and continuity. Mimosa NearPoint is the industry’s most comprehensive unstructured information management software solution for email, files, collaboration systems and instant messages, enabling archiving, e-Discovery, storage management, and recovery in a unified solution. Mimosa is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, recognized for its competencies in networking infrastructure solutions, ISV/software solutions, and advanced infrastructure solutions. Mimosa was founded in 2003 and is based in Santa Clara, California, with offices in Canada, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Japan, China, Australia, and India.