PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2009/03/24 - The Healthcare industry's top performers were honoured at Frost & Sullivan's 'Excellence in Healthcare Awards Banquet' on Thursday 19 March at ZSL London Zoo, London.
In a time of economic uncertainty, these awards are a testament to the Healthcare industry's continued success and growth, with companies awarded across various disciplines including Product Innovation, Green Excellence, Product Quality, Research Excellence and Company of the Year. The awards presented at this event included:
• Toscana Biomarkers - 2008 European Autoimmune Disease Diagnostics Excellence in Research Award;
• Reagena Oy Ltd - 2008 European Point-of-Care Immunoassay Product Differentiation Innovation Award;
• Aesku.Diagnostics - 2008 European Autoimmune Disease Diagnostics Product Line Strategy Award;
• VTS Medical Systems, LLC - 2009 European Medical Imaging Display Monitors Product Line Strategy Leadership Award;
• Fukuda Denshi Co., Ltd. - 2008 European Diagnostic Cardiovascular Monitoring Equipment Product Innovation Award;
• Nycomed - 2008 European Tissue Sealants & Topical Hemostats Product Differentiation Innovation Award;
• Xenometrix AG - 2009 European Drug Discovery Product Innovation Award;
• EVER TEAM - 2008 European Insurance Claims Management Product Differentiation Innovation Award;
• IBM - 2008 European Medical Image Archives Healthcare Innovation of the Year Award;
• Ferring Pharmaceuticals - 2008 European Human Growth Hormones Competitive Strategy leadership Award;
• LyondellBasell - 2008 Global Plastics in Medical Devices Customer Value Enhancement Award;
• Epoka Medic Mission A/S - 2008 European Medical Imaging Equipment Services Business Development Strategy Leadership Award;
• Applied Biosystems - 2008 European LIMS Vertical Market Penetration Leadership Award;
• Perceptive Informatics - 2008 European Life Sciences IT Product Line Strategy Award;
• EcoGlove - 2008 European Medical Devices Green Excellence Product Innovation Award;
• SHL Telemedicine Ltd. - 2008 European Telemedicine Systems for Cardiac Monitoring Product Innovation of the Year Award;
• MEDISO MEDICAL IMAGING SYSTEMS LTD - 2008 European Medical Imaging Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award;
• FUJIFILM Corporation - 2009 European Mammography Systems Product Quality Leadership Award;
• KIBI Software Solutions - 2009 European Healthcare Document Management Systems Product Quality Leadership Award;
• ZEALAND Pharma A/S - 2008 European Peptides Therapeutics Research & Development Company of the Year Award.
"One of the main aims of Frost & Sullivan is to acknowledge outstanding industry achievements and demonstration of best practices by presenting awards to top companies. With economic storm clouds gathering in the past 12 months, it has not been an easy period, however those companies who are innovative and adapt their business models have constantly proved to be successful", notes Mr. Dorman Followwill, Vice President of Frost & Sullivan's Healthcare Practice in Europe & Africa.
The Frost & Sullivan 'Excellence in Healthcare Awards Banquet' was attended by healthcare elite as well as up-and-coming companies, and recognises the achievement of the industry's Movers & Shakers over the past twelve months.
About Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Awards
Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Awards recognise companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices in the industry.