In October, Reed Expositions and the Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce and Industry teamed up to create the first international B2B event dedicated to wine travel – responding to strong demand from professionals in this industry sector.
IWTM Bordeaux’s aim is to bring the entire global wine travel offer to Bordeaux:
- Wines and spirits producers who are looking to develop and expand their tourist and events offering (hotel accommodation, gastronomy, tourism, well-being;
- seminars, conventions, incentive travel)And the traditional players in the tourist and travel industry (destinations, transport operators, hotels, destination management companies).
The first session of IWTM Bordeaux will welcome more than 1,200 visitors – the major international buyers, including:
- Tour operators’ product and market managers;
- Event agencies’ senior managers and project managers;
- In-house corporate event planners.
To qualify for entry to the exhibition all visitors will have to fulfil a number of criteria:
- Working in the outbound tourism business;
- Recognised status as a buyer/decision-maker within the industry;
- Proof that they work regularly with suppliers in the wine travel and tourist services sector.
The top 30% most influential buyers will be welcomed as VIP visitors to the event, with a programme including transport, accommodation, entry to the exhibition, transfers and evening events.
A pre-scheduled programme of one-on-one meetings will be arranged. IWTM Bordeaux is positioned as a top-level exhibition and will therefore be taking the greatest of care in qualifying the buyers who are invited to visit the event. So French and international exhibitors can be confident of forging high-quality contacts and business relationships.
Nearly 20,000 meetings will take place over the course of the 3-day event.
The exhibition website presents the event’s offering. Companies wishing to exhibit can download a registration form and select the offer most appropriate to their needs:
- An individual stand: a traditional exhibition package based on the type of stand required (space only – shell scheme – turnkey stand – customised stand).
- A pavilion for groups of independent operators (for example from a particular destination, region or town): a cost-effective solution reinforced by a collective promotion, available for space only and customised stands.
IWTM Bordeaux (iwtm.fr) is a genuine business convention, offering exhibitors additional benefits beyond the provision of stand space: a programme of marketing initiatives undertaken to qualify invited buyers, a comprehensive programme for invited VIP buyers, and a prebooked schedule of meetings with selected qualified buyers.
IWTM – practical information
Bordeaux - Hangar 14 - Quai des Chartrons
3,000 m2 of exhibition space, 150 exhibitors, 1,200 visitors, some 20,000 pre-scheduled meetings.
- Tuesday 3 November: arrival of guest visitors (VIP buyers), welcome drinks and buffet;
- Wednesday 4 November: 9 am to 6.30 pm – scheduled meeting programme; official opening and exhibition tour;
- Thursday 5 November: 9 am to 6.30 pm – scheduled meeting programme; gala evening hosted by Reed Expositions, the Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the CIVB (Comité Interprofessionnel des Vins de Bordeaux – the Bordeaux wine council), and the Great Wine Capitals Global Network;
- Friday 6 November: 9 am to 5 pm – scheduled meeting programme.
Guest programmes and special accommodation deals for exhibitors are organised in partnership with the leading names in the industry: Accor, Air France, SNCF, The Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux, etc.
The sales and marketing teams dedicated to this event are keen to listen to professionals’ views and adapt their sales and communications strategies accordingly.