Airport development primarily involves the improvement of the land as well as air areas and the terminal building. This offers great opportunities for companies involved in such development activities.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan (aerospace.frost.com), Opportunities in the Indian Airports Infrastructure Modernization and Development Market, finds that the number of air travel passengers are expected to increase from 102.73 million in 2008 to 290.19 million by 2014, at a compound annual growth rate of 15 per cent.
If you are interested in a virtual brochure, which provides manufacturers, end users, and other industry participants with an overview of the opportunities in Indian airport modernisation and development market, then send an email to Ravinder Kaur/ Nimisha Iyer, Corporate Communications, at ravinder.kaur[.]frost.com/ niyer[.]frost.com, with your full name, company name, title, telephone number, company email address, company website, city, state and country. Upon receipt of the above information, an overview will be sent to you by email.
India has five major airports (Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Bangalore) and three airport models namely government-owned, private-owned and public private partnership (PPP). Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore as well as most of the airports developed in the recent past were all based are on the PPP model.
However, with the PPP model, there could be a potential issue of the government holding all the reins. Industry authorities and the government could ease this anxiety by drawing up regulations.
"The potential in the Indian airport modernisation market is huge and to take advantage of this, airports are also developed on the built, operate and transfer (BOT) model," says Frost & Sullivan Research Analyst John Siddharth.
Apart from actively participating in airport development, the Indian government has also drawn up airport-wise infrastructure development budget for metro, non-metro and the green field airports. There are set funds for communications, navigation and surveillance systems for air traffic management (CNS/ATM) and the other equipment.
The revenue stream of the Indian airports is broadly divided into two categories – aeronautical and non-aeronautical. The aeronautical segment accounts for a huge chunk of the revenue (70 per cent), while non-aeronautical contributes the rest (30 per cent).
"The aeronautical revenues comprise the returns from cargo-related and the passenger-related traffic, while the non-aeronautical revenues are mainly obtained from property-related and retail-related income," notes Siddharth.
Opportunities in the Indian Airports Infrastructure Modernization and Development Market is part of the Aerospace Growth Partnership Service programme, which also includes research in the following markets: European Airport Development Opportunities Assessment, European Oil and Gas Infrastructure Security, Middle East Oil and Gas Infrastructure Security. All research services included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends that have been evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants.
Frost & Sullivan (frost.com), the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best in class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from 31 offices on six continents.
Opportunities in the Indian Airports Infrastructure Modernization and Development Market - M32B
Corporate Communications – Middle East
P: +91 22 4001 3437
F: +91 22 2832 4713
Corporate Communications – South Asia & Middle East
P: +91 22 4001 3404
F: +91 22 2832 4713