(PRZOOM - Press & Newswire) San Jose, CA, United States, 2009-01-29
- AnaSpec announced the release of 2 new SensoLyte™ Anti-MOG ELISA assay kits – the SensoLyte™ Anti-Mouse MOG (1-125) and SensoLyte™ Anti-Rat MOG (1-125) IgG ELISA Assay Kits.
These kits are useful for determining the amount of anti-mouse MOG (1-125) and anti-rat MOG (1-125) antibodies, respectively.
MOG (1-125) is found in the extracellular domain of Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein (MOG). MOG is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is expressed exclusively in the central nervous system (CNS). Although MOG protein constitutes only 0.01-0.05% of the CNS myelin proteins, it is demonstrated that MOG protein is a crucial autoantigen for multiple sclerosis in humans and experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) in rodents and monkeys.1-6
The SensoLyte™ Anti-Mouse MOG (1-125) and SensoLyte™ Anti-Rat MOG (1-125) IgG ELISA Assay Kits offer several advantages:
1. The former is mouse-specific and the latter, rat-specific.
2. The strips come with pre-coated MOG (1-125) protein, capturing more antibodies that target different epitopes over a range of the MOG (1-125) extracellular domain.
3. Ideal for detecting both B cell and T cell MOG-epitope specific antibodies as well as epitope spreading.
4. Can be used determine anti-MOG (1-125) amount in serum or cerebrospinal fluid. Absorbance is read at 450 nm.
AnaSpec (anaspec.com) is a leading provider of integrated proteomics solutions to the world’s largest biotech, pharmaceutical, and academic research institutions. With a vision for innovation through synergy, AnaSpec focuses on three core technologies: peptides, detection reagents, and combinatorial chemistry.
1. Linares, D. et.al. Protein Exp. Purif. 34, 249 (2004).
2. Bettadapura, J. et.al. J. Neurochem. 70, 1593 (1998).
3. Oliver, AR. et al J. Immunol. 171, 462 (2003).
4. Von Budingen, H. et.al. J. Clin. Immunol. 21, 155 (2001).
5. Lyons, J. et.al. Eur. J. Immunol. 29, 3432 (1999).
6. Von Budingen, H. et.al. Eur. J. Immunol. 34, 2072 (2004).