Cresco Concrete Products, LLC has introduced its version of the classic panel and post concrete fence. This system looks identical to similar systems on the market but with one significant physical difference – it weighs half as much.
This difference is a significant one for installers. Now, these fences can easily be installed with the effort of only two people. Cranes and forklifts are not required. The installation process is also similar to existing panel and post systems. The posts are set into a deep foundation in the soil and the panels simply inserted into the post slots. The unique manufacturing process and the reduced material usage also translate into lower prices for consumers.
The fence components are manufactured in the US using a unique proprietary aeration system that fills concrete with tiny air pockets reducing its density by half. The result is a strong lightweight system that is easy to handle and ideal for the do-it-yourself crowd. Being lightweight also means lower freight costs and larger quantities per truckload. The Cresco™ Panel & Post Fence System generates no jobsite waste, is free of hazardous or toxic ingredients, and is considered a Green building product. These fences are long lasting and rot and termite resistant.
Applications include privacy fencing, screening walls, security fencing, and sound barriers. Fences can be installed around parks, schools, homes, subdivisions, busy thoroughfares, and commercial properties.
Cresco (CrescoConcrete.com), founded late in 2007, is a manufacturer of unique lightweight concrete products including Liteblok™ and Litetop™. Liteblok™ is a patented, aerated, precision molded concrete block. Unlike autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC) block, Liteblok™ is not autoclaved. Rather, a non-toxic foaming agent is introduced to create a closed structure of discrete air pockets within the concrete. Liteblok has the following Green credentials:
• Long lasting, durable and affordable structures can be built;
• Energy efficient - reduces heating and cooling loads;
• Lightweight (1/2 to 1/4 weight of traditional concrete) means significantly less sand and cement is consumed;
• Liteblok™ does not rot, is not attacked by vermin, and does not absorb moisture into its bulk resulting in a significantly reduced maintenance requirement;
• Liteblok™ contains no VOCs or toxic substances such as fly ash and polystyrene. Heavy use of pesticide is not required prior to installation;
• No ozone depleting or hazardous chemicals are used during manufacture;
• Minimal job site waste is generated;
• Lightweight means reduced freight loads and less energy consumption and pollution during transport;
• Significantly reduces indoor noise.