PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Houston, TX, United States, 2009/01/16 - New Liteblok™ Grande (8" x 8" x 16") is a lightweight, interlocking, mortarless Green building block. Strong, affordable concrete walls with high insulating values are now possible.
Cresco Concrete Products, LLC has introduced a larger version of its innovative Liteblok™ aerated concrete block. Liteblok™ Grande has nominal dimensions of 8 inches deep, 8 inches tall and 16 inches wide. The larger Grande is primarily targeted at applications where laterally supporting interior concrete walls are absent and where very high insulation values are desired. Retail stores, warehouses, and residential construction focused on creating a strong, well-insulated exterior envelope are typical examples of its use.
Like the existing Liteblok™ system, the Grande is a lightweight, dry stacked, interlocking, Green building block designed for the rapid construction of affordable concrete walls. These qualities were echoed by Neil Rock, President of Cresco Concrete Products, who recently stated, ”Liteblok™ Grande can give you a strong, termite, fire, mold, and rot resistant concrete wall with an R-33 equivalent insulating performance at less than the cost of 2x6 wood frame construction.”
Liteblok™ applications include homes, offices, warehouses, safe rooms, sheds, fences, retaining walls, and raised beds.
Cresco (crescoconcrete.com), founded late in 2007, is a manufacturer of unique lightweight concrete products including Liteblok™ and Litetop™. Liteblok™ is a patented, aerated, precision molded concrete block. Unlike autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC) block, Liteblok™ is not autoclaved. Rather, a non-toxic foaming agent is introduced to create a closed structure of discrete air pockets within the concrete. Liteblok has the following Green credentials:
• Long lasting, durable and affordable structures can be built;
• Energy efficient - reduces heating and cooling loads;
• Lightweight (1/2 to 1/4 weight of traditional concrete) means significantly less sand and cement is consumed;
• Liteblok™ does not rot, is not attacked by vermin, and does not absorb moisture into its bulk resulting in a significantly reduced maintenance requirement;
• Liteblok contains no VOCs or toxic substances such as fly ash and polystyrene. Heavy use of pesticide is not required prior to installation;
• No ozone depleting or hazardous chemicals are used during manufacture;
• Minimal job site waste is generated;
• Lightweight means reduced freight loads and less energy consumption and pollution during transport;
• Significantly reduces indoor noise.