PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
San Jose, CA, United States, 2009/01/12 - Engate Technology today announced that 2008 marked another successful year for the company. The company’s growth was driven by competitive conversions, innovative products, strategic partnerships and the rapid adoption of its appliance.
Engate Technology Corporation, a leading provider of proactive anti-botnet and email security solutions, announced today that 2008 marked another successful year for the company. Engate’s customer base continued to expand with major customer wins and competitive displacements from leading enterprises, ISPs, universities and government organizations.
As in previous years, Engate maintained high customer satisfaction with a customer renewal rate of more than 98%. Engate’s continued focus on delivering superior protection at lower price points helped to accelerate competitive conversions throughout 2008. Other significant milestones include:
• Signed an OEM agreement with a global Tier 1 technology vendor;
• Expanded reseller channel with key partners such as Trustifi, Computer Geeks, Service Assurance and vista computing, to name a few;
• Introduced a new Hosted Email Security service which proactively protects organizations from phish, viruses, spam and blended web & email threats;
• Unveiled an industry-first anti-botnet technology enabling organizations to detect botnets and preemptively stop the delivery of email-borne attacks at the protocol level;
• Awarded a new patent for proactive email security that addresses the critical security needs of large enterprises, managed service providers, resellers and technology OEMs;
• Demonstrated technology innovation in achieving customer-proven +99% accuracy and the lowest rate of false positives (1 per 1 million);
• Expanded the breadth of the management team with key appointments to the Product Development, Operations, Marketing and Business Development team; and
• Achieved 3 major industry awards including Global Excellence Customer Trust Award, Top 100 Private Company.
“I’m very gratified for the success that we have shared with our partners in 2008. Engate’s significant growth in 2008 was driven by competitive displacements, reseller channel expansion and our increasing international presence through strategic OEMs,” said Wil Cochran, CEO, Engate Technology. “We’re also excited by the rapid adoption of Engate’s Hosted Security service, which delivers the industry’s most advanced, easy-to-manage email security service at an affordable price point for organizations of all sizes.”
About Engate Technology Corporation
Engate Technology Corporation (engate.com) is a leading provider of proactive anti-botnet and email security solutions for enterprises, small to mid-size businesses and service providers. The company also provides strategic partners with scalable and flexible OEM deployment models, including hardware appliance, hosted services and software, which can be licensed to security software, appliance, router, firewall, secure web gateway, intrusion prevention, unified threat management and managed service providers. The company‘s proactive network profiling technology is instantly aware of new computers that become members of botnets and stops the distribution of email-borne threats at the protocol level, before it reaches the enterprise gateway and has a chance to compromise IT resources, slow down network performance, and invade privacy.