PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 2009/01/08 - Bharatbook.com included new report on Europe Mediterranean Indian Sub Continent Container Trade that gives information on 3-year statistics of full TEU per European/Mediterranean port and Sub Continent country.
Twenty-four carriers operate ships calling at ports in this trade ...connecting the more than 1.5 billion inhabitants of the generally fast growing South Asian economies with 460 million consumers in Europe ...together deploying 168 average 4,600 TEU ships, providing a total annualised eastbound capacity for 777,000 TEU ...maintaining an intricate system of direct and multitrade, roundtrip and one-way services ...12% container increase in 2007 ...considering the countries’ potential, containerisation is still in its infancy ...growth underpinned by numerous port and container terminal projects.
Report on Europe Mediterranean Indian Sub Continent Container Trade examines the container trades between North Europe and the Mediterranean to/from the Indian Sub Continent (ISC), covering the Hamburg-Montoir range, including the UK in North Europe, 22 ports in the Mediterranean and seven countries served through the Karachi-Chittagong port range in South Asia.
All the information in the two separate parts of this report has been collected, analysed, researched and compiled in September/November 2008 - TEU statistics cover the years 2005 through 2007.
The report’s main body summarises the trades between North Europe/Mediterranean and the Indian Sub Continent through key facts and figures and, amongst others, discusses:
- An overview of ports and countries in the region; developments, port-handled TEU, Inland Container Depots (ICDs);
- Three-year full container volumes by North European/Mediterranean (EU) direct port and by ISC country; division by main European and ISC regions;
- Short ISC-related profiles of the 24 ship providing carriers and details of their total 28 different services (partners, schedules, frequencies, ships); Services grids;
- Competition from conventional/breakbulk services;
- Analyses of TEU capacity deployed, capacity, carryings and trade (separate for Europe and for the Mediterranean); reefer capacity shares;
- Commodities; hubbing and transhipment, feeder operators and hub port overviews;
- Conferences (a last tribute), freight levels, THC, developments.
The report’s appendices include:
- 3-year statistics of full TEU per European/Mediterranean port and Sub Continent country;
- Full TEU statistics by Europe/Mediterranean country and Indian Sub Continent main region and vice versa (including 2008 up to August);
- South Asian ports and countries: information/projects/development (2½-year cuttings);
- Inland Container depots overview by main operator;
- Economic Developments; Short economy country profiles; Lakhs and Crores.