Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, honored Industrial and Information and Communication Technologies foremost players in Latin America on Wednesday, December 3 at the 2008 Latin America Best Practices Excellence Awards Banquet held in the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Sao Paulo, Brazil. During this event, companies and individuals were recognized for their industry leadership, innovative strategies and performance during 2008.
The celebration gathered the main representatives from a diverse range of markets, including Information Technologies, Telecom Services, Enterprise Communications, Chemicals, Energy, Power Management and Generation, and Industrial Automation.
The short-listed and award winner companies were selected through the ongoing and thorough research and tracking of the ICT and Industrial markets – similar to the methodology followed in the development of our Latin America research and subscriptions – conducted by Frost & Sullivan's expert analyst team, that gathers great experience in the Latin America market and provides a deep comprehension of the moves and trends in each of the awarded sectors.
Awarded companies included:
• IT Infrastructure Outsourcing Service Provider Of The Year: IBM
• Internet Content Provider Of The Year: UOL
• Enterprise Security Service Of The Year: Etek
• Enterprise Security Vendor Of The Year: Check Point
Chemicals and Energy Industries
• Green Excellence in Product Portfolio Of The Year: GE
• Product Differentiation and Innovation in Renewable Energies Of The Year: Dedini
• Biofuels Growth Excellence Of The Year: Infinity Biofuels
• Technology Leadership in Renewable Energies Of The Year: GE Infrastrucure Energy
• Competitive Strategy Leadership in Chemicals Of The Year: Dow Chemical
• Convergence Strategy Service Provider Of The Year: Telefónica Del Sur Chile
• Broadband Service Provider Of The Year: UNE (Colombia)
• Corporate Service Provider Of The Year: Winner Telmex International
• Excellence in Technology for Power Generation Of The Year: Siemens
• Penetration Strategy in Power Generation Of The Year: Grupo TGM
• Growth Strategy Leadership Of the Year: GE Infrastructure Energy
Executives of The Year
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Britaldo Soares, AES
Power Management Equipments and Industrial Automation
• Customer Service Leadership in the Industrial Automation Market: Siemens
• Innovation & Advancement in Industrial Process Control in emerging markets Of The Year: WEG
• Business Development Strategy Leadership in LV and MV Power Management Of The Year: Siemens
• Innovative Product Implementation in The Automation Market Of the Year: Rockwell Automation
• Market Penetration Leadership in Power Management Of The Year: Siemens
• Contact Center Applications Vendor Of The Year: Avaya
• Contact Center Outsourcer Provider Of The Year: Atento
• The Best SMB Strategy Of The Year: Nortel
• Converged Communication Vendor Of The Year: Cisco
Executives of The Year
• Chief Executive Officer Of The Year: Guillermo Brooks
"Frost & Sullivan identified those companies that achieved superior performance, whether in product or technology innovation, market strategy and enetration, and who drove the growth of their respective industries" explained Frost & Sullivan North America Vice President Greg Caressi. "During this celebration, we showcased a range of benchmarking strategies from leading companies that overcame the challenges that we are all facing in global markets"
The awards banquet was also highlighted by the presentation of the Frost & Sullivan Lifetime Achievement Award, given to Britaldo Soares, who has led a distinguished career in the Energy industry, in recognition of his accomplishments as well as the lasting impressions he has had on the region.
The 2008 Latin America Best Practices Excellence Awards Banquet is supported by América Economía, Band News FM, BNAmericas, Contact Centers, Contenúdo Editorial, Decision Report, Energy Press, Enlace Media Group, Mercado, Portafolio, TeleSemana, and TI Inside as media partners.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, partners with clients to accelerate their growth. The company's TEAM Research, Growth Consulting and Growth Team Membership empower clients to create a growth-focused culture that generates, evaluates and implements effective growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan employs over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 30 offices on six continents.