PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2008/11/20 - Roaring Penguin Software, Inc. upgrades their CanIt line of anti-spam software to provide Managed Services Providers effective and affordable anti-spam, and anti-virus solutions for small and medium-sized organizations.
The fight against spam just got easier as Roaring Penguin Software Inc., makers of the acclaimed CanIt-PRO, CanIt-SPE and Hosted CanIt anti-spam solutions, announced the release of CanIt 5.0.
Major new features in CanIt 5.0:
• Dictionary Attack Detection: CanIt 5.0 can detect dictionary attacks and block abusive hosts right at the network level. (This feature is only available on CanIt appliances, CanIt soft appliances and CanIt software installations running Linux.)
• Geolocation: CanIt detects spam based upon the country of origin which allows the system administrator make rules based on the country in which the sending server is located. Country-codes are also used as Bayes tokens, so CanIt learns which countries are likely spam sources.
• CanIt comes packaged with SNMP tools that let Managed Service Providers (MSPs) integrate it into their network monitoring systems. CanIt is certified to work with system monitoring platforms from Level Platforms, N-Able and Nagios.
• CanIt comes with a built in "sanity checker". It alerts the administrator via e-mail of many common problems or misconfigurations.
• In CanIt cluster management is completely revamped; it's much easier to cluster CanIt machines. This allows larger users to scale across multiple servers to meet the ever growing volume of spam. CanIt also collects performance data from each cluster member allowing users to plot the data via the Web interface.
• A new Domain Setup Wizard makes setting up CanIt a straight forward process.
CanIt 5.0 is available as:
• CanIt-PRO, an anti-spam / anti-virus appliance or a soft appliance.
• CanIt-SPE (Service Providers Edition), a version allowing MSPs to host anti-spam for their customers.
• Hosted CanIt, a fully outsourced anti-spam solution.
About Roaring Penguin
Founded in 1999, Roaring Penguin Software, Inc. (roaringpenguin.com), specializes in e-mail filtering. The company focuses on fighting spam at the mail server, with the acclaimed CanIt and MIMEDefang product lines. Today, Roaring Penguin develops, deploys and supports its spam- and virus-fighting products for customers that include enterprises, ISPs, campuses, web hosts, and government offices.